The "CLIQUE"

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was just reading in another thread about the FABO, "clique". It isn't the first time I have heard this term. Every time I see it used I LMAO. I have been here from the start and I have yet to see a "clique". Yes there are a certain group of people that post more than others and therefore are more well known. I wouldn't call that a clique. There are some members that when something happens in their lives and they post about it they get lots of responses. I don't call that a clique, I call it being friendly and not being afraid to give an "attaboy" or some sympathy. And face it folks, some people just make friends easier than others. It's a fact of life. It's not a "clique" or "conspiracy" or a "private Mopar Kings and Queens club" that looks down on the rest of us. Take the FABO forums for what they are, a great place to get or give info on our cars and also a great place to meet people. By the way, at last count I had met more than 25 FABO members in person and every one of them has been somebody I would be more than pleased to call top notch.

Rant over

Jack

Jack,
That Clique is CRAP. as you said, some make friends faster then others. then you got those (like me) that just don't "fit in" OR is a loner anyway, me, I'm the later part of that A loner.......I just go on my merry way and yes, I got friends lots of them, BUT we all sort of are loners in our own right you know, but we buddy together due to our hobby or other things....

This Clique thing, is more for old gossiping women then it is men I do believe (and for those ladies out their part of FABO), PLEASE don't take that wrong, as all women aren't gossipers.....I'm married to one!

But the "Clique" thing is rediculus.....Gotta love society. huh? I mean really here we all at FABO are a "Clique then too. we all love Mopar right? Same goes for the Harley crews!

I farted.

Did it click?

I click my teeth. usually in time with the music. :scratch:

it's less obvious than taping your foot, or clapping, and pounding the table.

I was just reading in another thread about the FABO, "clique". It isn't the first time I have heard this term. Every time I see it used I LMAO. I have been here from the start and I have yet to see a "clique". Yes there are a certain group of people that post more than others and therefore are more well known. I wouldn't call that a clique. There are some members that when something happens in their lives and they post about it they get lots of responses. I don't call that a clique, I call it being friendly and not being afraid to give an "attaboy" or some sympathy. And face it folks, some people just make friends easier than others. It's a fact of life. It's not a "clique" or "conspiracy" or a "private Mopar Kings and Queens club" that looks down on the rest of us. Take the FABO forums for what they are, a great place to get or give info on our cars and also a great place to meet people. By the way, at last count I had met more than 25 FABO members in person and every one of them has been somebody I would be more than pleased to call top notch.

Rant over

Jack

Yeah, but you clique?

Even if there were a clique, & I'm not saying there is... when all is said & done this is just an online forum. Albeit a nice one that I enjoy, being in a clique on a forum I would liken to being as prestigious as being the biggest turd in the bowl.

Here, here Jack, I've met some of the FABO members face to face. Others I've bought parts from and sold parts to. Most of the people I interact with from this site in one way or another, I consider my friends. I've never seen anything cliquish on this site.

If you click your heels 3 times do you end up in Kansas?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, this thread went pretty much how I expected. South in a hurry.LMAO

This response from Saetun said it perfect.

"Even if there were a clique, & I'm not saying there is... when all is said & done this is just an online forum. Albeit a nice one that I enjoy, being in a clique on a forum I would liken to being as prestigious as being the biggest turd in the bowl."

Jack

Oh and by the way, none of you have as many internal clicks as I do. Oh that's right, they are not clicks, they are cracks. Getting old is not for the faint of heart.

Jack

If you can read this, and you have something that clicks, YOU are in the clique!:tongue2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnabout View Post
Can I be in your clique?
No! Get your own clique!

Wow...it really is a clique and I have been rejected....just like grade school....always the last one picked.

-
Back