The Death of Common Sense

-
Common sense is a thing that u learn at a very young age for MOST people like the stove element is hot and if I hit billy he will hit me back. This might injure me if I do this. Ignorance is not knowing that’s where questions come from big difference. But I agree common sense is almost dead. Government and society have covered almost all bases so we don’t have to use our common sense to live anymore. But the dart lives huge smile. Took wife for ice cream last night. Made her slap me when I launched on the highway I just laughed. Good to be back

Common sense seems to be the least"common" of all the senses.

Common sense is all about problem solving. If you are asking very basic questions and haven't expended all options then there might be a problem.

Lower pulley; Hole is out of alignment and I can't get all the bolts in? uhh? rotate and see if there might be a different position.

My point was if you are asking these sort of questions the you probably don't have any common sense.

Those are the sort of questions that make my head spin, even if you never worked on a car and are 16, at least get you hands dirty before you start asking questions.

I can understand if somebody wants to do a tuneup and has never done one on an old carburetor car, or points, I get it.

Alan

^^^^why would anybody design a pulley / crankshaft dampener with an odd pattern of bolts?

The pulley is not balanced.

:)

"All men are created equal" ---------- What a crock.-------- People have different natural abilities that they are born with. Athletic ability, size, strength, musical ability, painting pictures, mechanical ability, etc. Given enough time and practice people learn how to do things up to a certain level. That level is different for different people. My ability in the arts world is pretty poor. But I was born with some mechanical ability. It started with a box [paper tube] of tinker toys, graduated to an erector set, and ended up with Mopars. My brother in law can't do squat to fix his own car, yet he's good at woodworking. I was fortunate to have parents that were doers. And they taught me more useful things than most teachers taught me in school. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it at the time. People learn by watching as well as doing.

---------------- We are born ignorant, but strive to get less ignorant throughout life. --------------

"All men are created equal" ---------- What a crock.-------- People have different natural abilities that they are born with. Athletic ability, size, strength, musical ability, painting pictures, mechanical ability, etc. Given enough time and practice people learn how to do things up to a certain level. That level is different for different people. My ability in the arts world is pretty poor. But I was born with some mechanical ability. It started with a box [paper tube] of tinker toys, graduated to an erector set, and ended up with Mopars. My brother in law can't do squat to fix his own car, yet he's good at woodworking. I was fortunate to have parents that were doers. And they taught me more useful things than most teachers taught me in school. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it at the time. People learn by watching as well as doing.

---------------- We are born ignorant, but strive to get less ignorant throughout life. --------------
Mr Samual Colt Took care of all men are created equal.

May I use
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
- Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
- Why the early bird gets the worm;
- Life isn't always fair;
- And maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.
may I use your article.

-
Back