The end is near...

-

'68cuda416

Reaction score
all the real men are dying off and all we will have left are weirdo's who are putting POS Gen 3's or the new even bigger POS HurriCrate in the classic mopars......such a shame.

I have no plans to go anywhere.. the 360LA in my ride is there to stay until it needs rebuild again or I blow it up... and stroke it to 408.

I have no plans to go anywhere.. the 360LA in my ride is there to stay until it needs rebuild again or I blow it up... and stroke it to 408.
We need an army actually, i'm not even kidding.....care to imagine what the vast majority of our classic mopars will look like 10 years from now?

4sbim0.jpg

all the real men are dying off and all we will have left are weirdo's who are putting POS Gen 3's or the new even bigger POS HurriCrate in the classic mopars......such a shame.

I’ve gotta disagree with you there. Yes, the world is losing automobile legends at a terrifying rate, there are plenty of younger men AND women who will carry the torch without swapping Hemis and the like.

I, for one, have zero plans to change engines in either of my Barracudas — 440-6 and a slant 6.

I’ve gotta disagree with you there. Yes, the world is losing automobile legends at a terrifying rate, there are plenty of younger men AND women who will carry the torch without swapping Hemis and the like.

I, for one, have zero plans to change engines in either of my Barracudas — 440-6 and a slant 6.
Honestly tell me what you think the "average" mopar will be equipped with and look like 10 years from now

I did the 383 swap in my 67 Barracuda in 1978 when I was 16.
If I was in the same position now at 16, I would do the Gen111 swap, no question. lol
I'm the guy that bought a basket case with no engine.
35 bucks for my Fastback in 77. true basket case, no one thought I could build it. lol

I did the 383 swap in my 67 Barracuda in 1978 when I was 16.
If I was in the same position now at 16, I would do the Gen111 swap, no question. lol
I'm the guy that bought a basket case with no engine.
35 bucks for my Fastback in 77. true basket case, no one thought I could build it. lol
That would suck but then again you said if you were 16 and so I will give you a pass as 99% of 16 year old's ruin the car they are working on so it actually makes sense.

Honestly tell me what you think the "average" mopar will be equipped with and look like 10 years from now
I know what one will look like and be powered by.
I'm too old to modernize. lol
Just ask the old lady.

Don’t know, don’t care. I worry about MY cars.
Small problem with that though.....the more weirdo's that migrate towards the modern supposed "eco friendly" platform the easier it will make for our rulers to completely ban the original drivelines.....I guess you can say I am blessed with carnal knowledge and having the ability to foresee the future.

What I see is, parts are or will become a problem. stock up now and don't throw anything away that can be reused. for example most rebuilds and overhauls I do get an oil pump no questions asked. But you can check an oil pump clean it up and reuse it if it is good. I also predict alot of the nice restos going to "rich guys" overseas. Its already happening. people who don't care about the cars but care about making a buck will buy cars up once we are all old and checking out. there wont be many nice cars left here I give it 30 years. that and the govt doesn't want them here either. It will come down to unloading the cars while they are still worth something to someone.

What I see is, parts are or will become a problem. stock up now and don't throw anything away that can be reused. for example most rebuilds and overhauls I do get an oil pump no questions asked. But you can check an oil pump clean it up and reuse it if it is good. I also predict alot of the nice restos going to "rich guys" overseas. Its already happening. people who don't care about the cars but care about making a buck will buy cars up once we are all old and checking out. there wont be many nice cars left here I give it 30 years. that and the govt doesn't want them here either. It will come down to unloading the cars while they are still worth something to someone.
100% agree with you on the parts aspect......already happening now. Was told yesterday 6 months or longer or maybe never for x bearings, early next year for ARP crank bolts, ARP head studs sometime next year, Ti valves December or January.....it's ridiculous and I have been stocking up and hoarding parts I may need for the next however many years i'm alive because some things probably will become extinct.

I started typing a response but.. not even worth it. I'll continue playing with small blocks, big blocks, G3 Hemis and whatever else I please whether it's a Honda K-series or Jaguar V-12.

I started typing a response but.. not even worth it. I'll continue playing with small blocks, big blocks, G3 Hemis and whatever else I please whether it's a Honda K-series or Jaguar V-12.
Well now, aren't you special...? :thumbsup:

I can't....this site has freedom of speech restrictions on it

It's sad that you lack even a basic understanding of the Constitution and what "freedom of speech" actually means. Only applies to the government bud. This is a privately owned website. Joey can allow, or not allow, whatever his heart desires. His site, his freedom. Very simple concept.

And "freedom" doesn't mean "freedom from consequences". It's never meant that everyone gets to do or say whatever they want. That's anarchy, not freedom.

As long as they're not like yours, parked in a garage collecting dust 99% of the year because their owners are too scared to drive them I'm good with it. Gen III hemi swap 'em, LS swap 'em, hell, Tesla swap 'em for all I care. Just keep them on the road.

If this hobby goes away, it will be because people didn't let the next generation see what it can be. You can't show the next generation how cool these cars are if they're parked in your garage all the time and on the road for less than 10 miles at a go. If that's how you treat them, then soon enough that's all you'll be able to do with them.

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 11.47.47 AM.png

Small problem with that though.....the more weirdo's that migrate towards the modern supposed "eco friendly" platform the easier it will make for our rulers to completely ban the original drivelines.....I guess you can say I am blessed with carnal knowledge and having the ability to foresee the future.
Well I guess when they ban em, I might take my cars out on the lake and have a boating accident….same as when they ban gun components every few years.

It's sad that you lack even a basic understanding of the Constitution and what "freedom of speech" actually means. Only applies to the government bud. This is a privately owned website. Joey can allow, or not allow, whatever his heart desires. His site, his freedom. Very simple concept.

And "freedom" doesn't mean "freedom from consequences". It's never meant that everyone gets to do or say whatever they want. That's anarchy, not freedom.

As long as they're not like yours, parked in a garage collecting dust 99% of the year because their owners are too scared to drive them I'm good with it. Gen III hemi swap 'em, LS swap 'em, hell, Tesla swap 'em for all I care. Just keep them on the road.

If this hobby goes away, it will be because people didn't let the next generation see what it can be. You can't show the next generation how cool these cars are if they're parked in your garage all the time and on the road for less than 10 miles at a go. If that's how you treat them, then soon enough that's all you'll be able to do with them.

View attachment 1716005819
Thanks for the laughs.....if it wasn't for those I would get nothing useful from you LOL

-
Back