the hated 4 doors...

-
Nothing wrong with 4 doors but they always been the family car and 2 door are the sporty cool version. And if you gonna sink a ton of money into something a 2 door is the way to go.

I have always wanted a 63 B body 4 door and have the doors off a two and do that conversion, if and when the mood struck! if you never put more in a 4 door than it worth in sum of its parts, you would never be hurt. too bad 95 % of CL thinks all 4 doors are worth $4000 or so! ha
really, no doubt a straight rust free good d riving 4 door is worth more but like said, 2 doors in most varieties are still plentiful and can be found worth the $

04E6FB44-69E9-4807-BBAD-834E176A41D3.jpeg
B7C38DC2-7BFB-4C79-93E1-732B5C0BA971.jpeg
I got a 70 more door cause of the price difference and I do have 3 kids so with a 4 door it’s more practical to go cruising in. Around here any classic 2 door ford Chevy or mopar goes for stupid money and usually don’t have a engine lol. I picked up my 70 dart with a 318 and minimal amount of rust, no cancer spots for 900 and he towed it to my house which was like 20 miles away. Obviously it needs a lot of work but still thousands less then an equivalent swinger would have ran me. I’d still be saving up and not working on it. I think with cost and availability of classic 2 doors and the rising popularity in new rwd v8 4 door cars like charger, 300, Chevy SS it might spark more interest in classic 4 doors

View attachment 1715100472 View attachment 1715100471 I got a 70 more door cause of the price difference and I do have 3 kids so with a 4 door it’s more practical to go cruising in. Around here any classic 2 door ford Chevy or mopar goes for stupid money and usually don’t have a engine lol. I picked up my 70 dart with a 318 and minimal amount of rust, no cancer spots for 900 and he towed it to my house which was like 20 miles away. Obviously it needs a lot of work but still thousands less then an equivalent swinger would have ran me. I’d still be saving up and not working on it. I think with cost and availability of classic 2 doors and the rising popularity in new rwd v8 4 door cars like charger, 300, Chevy SS it might spark more interest in classic 4 doors

That pretty much sums it up!

I had a 4-door once.
A 1957 BelAir hardtop. There was sooooomuch room inside that boat. The back seat was like a fun-house. Under the hood you couldda put two 340s, and two more in the trunk. The doors opened so wide, you could almost run thru her without breaking stride. It had bench seats and column shift-no console to get in the way.Scoot over here darling, where I can see you better. What's that? You wanna what? Oh baby you know what I like....

Four doors are a good way to introduce young ones to the hobby.

I hate having to climb over the seat backs to put car seats in and out. Been there, done that on more than one occasion. For those of us with car seat age kids it makes more sense to have a more door in the stable.

Had a 2 door post before, now i have a lovely 4-door.
I like the car! At least because its a Valiant, because the silhiuette doesn´t change to a 2 door ;)

350c8f-1508173320.jpg

45a66f-1508173378.jpg

3e5631-1508173427.jpg

Now that is beautiful. I think silver looks great on everything, especially the earlier buffed silver. My M-code Dart was originally A4 silver but someone painted it Fiat red back in the 80s. Ugh.

This one is build in Switzerland Schinznach. It´s all original and in a condition like new from inside and outside.
Never saw a Car like this which is 50 Years old!
I´m pretty happy with it!
But anyway, i will convert it to at least a V8:)

4 door beauties.

I love watching movies with mopars, easiest ones to find are ones filmed in early 80's Lots of mopar, mostly more doors, but I love it!!!

There are a few cars that I like the 4 door better than the 2 door version.

1962 cadillac

69-73 Imperial

Suicide door lincolns and t birds

Down under got a few performance 4 door cars, complete with scoops and tape stripe graphics, just ask the OP. Apparently they don't have a stigma as we do here.

...of course there are all sorts of performance 4 door euro cars...say bmw for example...

I love my 75 Dart SE slant with factory A/C, I am the third owner and plan on keeping it as long as the first two did!

75 dart se.jpg

There are a few cars that I like the 4 door better than the 2 door version.

1962 cadillac

69-73 Imperial

Suicide door lincolns and t birds

Down under got a few performance 4 door cars, complete with scoops and tape stripe graphics, just ask the OP. Apparently they don't have a stigma as we do here.

...of course there are all sorts of performance 4 door euro cars...say bmw for example...

My moms old 73 4-door imperial is still sitting in the garage, awaiting for someone to show interest in it.
It has not even been started for over 10 years, but at least it is in a dry heated/ac storage.
Maybe one day.

I thought it was extra fun bracket racing when my four-door would beat out the two-door opponents.

Here is another '72 wagon for sale @ $6,995 (not mine):

1972 Plymouth Stationwagon - 1 owner
I think they are a great car to modify. I know someone that races one with a 340 and it runs down in the low 11's. Pretty neat to see him beat some of the 2 door GM's.

I would love a more door survivor but they even as 4 doors are hard to find, and when I do ON CL like all CL c--- they are stupid priced. I s till find good 2 door projects, NOT in Tx but back in old home state of Mo, Ks for $1000-1500. No doubt some exist in Tx ( OK last yr I found a pretty decent 71 slant duster here in TX). I miss my early B bodies, maybe this year I will get serious about one as a project More door car... 63 plymouth?????? I know, I will stumble on to a decent early B, 2 door for same $$$!!!

-
Back