The last F&%ing manifold bolt!

-
i've done all of those and the very best one is weld a good headed bolt to the crappy one.you deffacatly dont wanna cut the head off...even a good machine shop could mess it up getting the rest out....i lied...never used the inside out easy out...try that first....then the weld thing...good luck

remove the manifold studs on the front and the rear and use the manifold as a wrench to turn the bolt loose (since the bolt usually only seizes to the manifold), if it breaks loose then all you have to do is get it unseized from the manifold or at this point it will turn out easy cut it off and turn it out with vise grips

Whaaa? Cut it flush after you dick it even more with vice grips or a pipewrench, center punch it and start drilling small to big until you get to threads. Use punch to pry away from threads and drive remains into block if its not a blind hole (end ones are open) chase or tap and put new brass stud in with sealer. Buddy had to EDM one out at aerospace job from a 383 head. That freeze stuff is cool, heard you can freeze the bolt and shatter it with a hammer, never seen it happen but heard it worked. Also an Acetylene torch to heat bolt and a blast of Oxygen at the last minute to blast it out, that was from this board somewhere. Them are some soft studs.

Whaaa? Cut it flush after you dick it even more with vice grips or a pipewrench, center punch it and start drilling small to big until you get to threads. Use punch to pry away from threads and drive remains into block if its not a blind hole (end ones are open) chase or tap and put new brass stud in with sealer. Buddy had to EDM one out at aerospace job from a 383 head. That freeze stuff is cool, heard you can freeze the bolt and shatter it with a hammer, never seen it happen but heard it worked. Also an Acetylene torch to heat bolt and a blast of Oxygen at the last minute to blast it out, that was from this board somewhere. Them are some soft studs.

my advice didn't envolve vise grips until he actually gets the bolt moving, and I only gave my thoughts because it has worked numerous times in the past for me. it doesn't involve acetylene and oxygen or tap and die set cause lets face it not all home garages include this stuff in your advice

I soaked it again this morning with PB Blaster, giving it tonight to soak in, and that bolt is coming out tomorrow....

I bought a cheap set of those sockets that grab rounded heads. They work awesome. Kind of like an inside out easyout.

The cheap sockets that grab rounded heads did the job.....
after lots of rapping and tapping, heating and soaking it!
Thanks for all the help:cheers:

weld on a nut use 7018 rod use lots of heat then shock it with cold water then turn it out easly i do this 8 or 10 times a year .

-
Back