The new '11 Charger

-
The new challengers are nothing to write home about either,my friend has one i went to check it out,looks just like an over-sized matchbox car...

Dude, We own one and it gets 34mpg,has plenty of room inside,has plenty of power and rides great!!! Plus it is the BEST retro styled of the 3. Matchbox and hotwheels cars are soooo cool!!! :thebirdm:

My wife bought a 2010 Challenger in Nov 09. It's just a V6, black, nothing fancy. We love it. No problems mechanically at all, decent mileage, and nice to drive on the highway. Certainly no muscle car, but the price was good, and the wifes happy(the last part is most important to my wellbeing)

I like the "Charger of old" updates. The hood, sides and rear are nice improvements.

2011charger.jpg

The 75-77 Chargers were luxo barges. But, for what was offered at the time from ANY of the auto makers in that catagory, they were some of the best there was. They were nice damned cars. Also, if you don't think them little front wheel drive Daytona turbo cars were muscle cars, you need to relearn the definition. Those things would haul ***.
Nice Pic Stroker, is that a result of In-Breedin????

"the 07 Charger we have is a blast to drive and very quick too"
x2 I love mine, 14.20 1/4.

Dude, We own one and it gets 34mpg,has plenty of room inside,has plenty of power and rides great!!! Plus it is the BEST retro styled of the 3. Matchbox and hotwheels cars are soooo cool!!! :thebirdm:

best retro of the three? i disagree with that. the stang did it first and best in my opinion.the dodge interior has nothing retro about it.. sit in a stang and you can see a lot of early stang in it, even the camaro mimicked the old camaro to a point. the challenger int is boring, looks juts like a magnum or charger. it does have good room up front but thats about it. the back seat is a usless as the stang or camaro. plenty of power i guess is all about what you consider plenty of power. a v-6 stang will run within a tenth or two of a 5.7 hemi r/t. the srt 6.1 is no match for a standard 5.0 stang. it is what it is.

glad your happy with your purchase though.

as far as the new charger goes... the grill is ugly as hell. the new tail lights look like they may be an improvement but i'll have to see one in person to tell for sure. the doors and hood i'm not too sure about. maybe it will grow on my i don't know. i still say a charger doesn't have 4 doors. that thing is a coronet not a charger.

hmmmm where did fiat get the new styling of the charger? lol

2011_Charger.jpg

2008_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_x_image009.jpg

Dude,i don't care if you get 60mpg, the stang' has it all over it,mopar needs a new styling department or start taking tips from Ford:bootysha::bootysha:

Looks better. I like the hood and the rear tail design. At least us Mopar-ians can see the nostalgia in the design. They're still thinking of us... a little.

2011charger.jpg

I had a chance over Thanksgiving at the International Auto Show, to sit in the Challenger, Mustang and Camero, and I thought the Challenger had a lot nicer interior than the other 2.

I couldn't be happier....the new charger made the old charger come way down in value.....end result.....I traded in my crappy 08 SRT4 for a sweet 06 RT Daytona and it only cost me a few grand for the upgrade.

I couldn't be happier=P~

Mop

I had a chance over Thanksgiving at the International Auto Show, to sit in the Challenger, Mustang and Camero, and I thought the Challenger had a lot nicer interior than the other 2.

man i disagree with that. the challenger int is just a charger/magnum int. boring at best. very poorly thought out too in my opinion.

this stang int. looks great in my opinion.. but hey different strokes for different folks i guess..

DSC_0167.jpg

I tried to look at each car without bias, and I felt that the fit and finish for the other 2 just was as nice as the Challenger. The Mustang and Camero looked cheaper. And yes everyone has their own opinion.

The 75-77 Chargers were luxo barges. But, for what was offered at the time from ANY of the auto makers in that catagory, they were some of the best there was. They were nice damned cars. Also, if you don't think them little front wheel drive Daytona turbo cars were muscle cars, you need to relearn the definition. Those things would haul ***.

Look's like you're looking for an argument just for argument's sake here. I think I remember saying that I loved my '76.

Were the folks screaming about the new incarnation being a 4 door also screaming about the beloved badge being put on what was, essentially, a down-graded Cordoba? I ask because I was five when my car was built.

I do remember folks screaming about the badge being put on a FWD 4 banger. Now a lot of those folks who are griping about the badge being put on a 4 door are looking at the 4 bangers with fondness. Maybe it's just a way of reliving our youth? Maybe in twenty years the teens and twentysomethings of today will be reliving their youth by talking about the SRT8 Charger.

My point is if you're going for comparison's, then do it all the way. A lot more of the FWD cars were non-turbo's than had Shelby badges on 'em. The smog era turned the badge into luxo-barges with performance you wouldn't write home about. Hell, even in our want to compare we fail to remember that a lot more of the first three generations Chargers rolled out the factory with 318's than with 440's or Hemi's. Yet in our selective memory all we see is the "glory" and not the reality.

I must be weird but one of my favorite cars I have ever owned was my 77 Charger SE. That car was beautiful in it's Turbine Bronze with a white top and stripe and three tone bucket seat interior. What a road car it was! People who haven't driven one of those heavy beasts from the 70's are missing out. I have no problem calling that car a Charger, after all, for the times and the style of cars that were popular in that era, they were spot on.

Still looks like a 4 door pick-up.

If they'd followed through with the Charger "Concept" they took to all of the shows, they'd have had something.

Look's like you're looking for an argument just for argument's sake here. I think I remember saying that I loved my '76.

Were the folks screaming about the new incarnation being a 4 door also screaming about the beloved badge being put on what was, essentially, a down-graded Cordoba? I ask because I was five when my car was built.

I do remember folks screaming about the badge being put on a FWD 4 banger. Now a lot of those folks who are griping about the badge being put on a 4 door are looking at the 4 bangers with fondness. Maybe it's just a way of reliving our youth? Maybe in twenty years the teens and twentysomethings of today will be reliving their youth by talking about the SRT8 Charger.

My point is if you're going for comparison's, then do it all the way. A lot more of the FWD cars were non-turbo's than had Shelby badges on 'em. The smog era turned the badge into luxo-barges with performance you wouldn't write home about. Hell, even in our want to compare we fail to remember that a lot more of the first three generations Chargers rolled out the factory with 318's than with 440's or Hemi's. Yet in our selective memory all we see is the "glory" and not the reality.

And my point is, that my opinion is my opinion. I don't have to compare a thing regarding my opinion because it is what it is. My opinion. You're right, a TON of those FWD drive cars were non turbo. However, were it not for THEM, Chrysler might not exist today. Their FWD automobiles, as far as I'm concerned saved their ***, and Lee Iacocca gets DIRECT credit for that. He's a brilliant man.

I agree with Joe. The interior needs work, differences from model to model.

wow... what a bunch of nit-pickers... LOL.... All I can say about the Charger is that its a lot better looking then the last versions. These will never be what "we" true Moparians call a Charger... but look at it this way....its better then over half the other new crap the auto makers (all) are putting out.
Mustang ? Yep I like them when they first brought them back out.... but come on.... how many years can you try to run the retro look... Yes, this year Furd got some cool power going on... but its still in the same body they have had since what ? ? ? 2005 ? ? Puke me river. Furd shot themselves in the foot. The next new body style mustang will have to be massively cool or the Mustang is shot. The Mustang is a icon for ford and it has always been in their line up. Making a mainstream car retro might not have been great. I know a few over in the Ford camp (dealer wise) that have heard the same thing I am totin' here. Cant stay "retro" forever. That way I see the Charger as something they can change. If they named the Charger something different I bet some of us enthusiest would be sayin... Damn thats not too bad of a NEW car. Did you see the front of Road & Track this month ? Three Chrysler brand cars on the front cover.... its been a looooong while since that has happened. So.. Do I like the new Charger ? Yes.... as a powerful good new 4 door that is comfortable and a lot of fun to drive. Is it a Charger ? Nope. Needs to be named something else.

my thoughts and opinions only... take no mind to it if you dont like it.

P.S. oh and about the Challenger..... If you havent driven one for at least a weekend... you got nothing to say. ;)

-RPM

I don't know why everyone gets so hung up on the name. It's 2011 not 1969. You can't expect the car to look the same. When it gets right down to it I personally think the charger stopped being the charger after 1969 but that's my opinion. 2 door 4 door whatever it's got lots of horse power, it's comfortable and it's kinda fun to drive. Would Chrysler have sold as many new gen Chargers if the car was a 2 door. I doubt it!! Again my opinion.

I am holding out for the new Barracuda

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCC089C-_cs&NR=1&feature=fvwp"]YouTube - Mopar Viper Cuda[/ame]

-
Back