The official FABO machinist/member collaboration, busted 340 thread

-
New lifters don't have to cut the mustard, they just have to open the valves... :rolleyes:
Yep they open the valves for sure, then (in more instances than we'd like to see) as time passes they wear the cam lobes, valves don't open as much, fine metal particles circulate "everywhere" and all sorts of fun begins.

More progress, got everything assembled after the typical "hurry up and wait" parts supply issues we deal with. All buttoned up and ready to go on the run stand.

20221117_120457.jpg

Camshaft break in and initial running went great, got about a hour run time on her, 3 or 4 good heat cycles. Zero leaks, zero issues so far. Got a short video, but not sure how to post it...old man problems, lol

Camshaft break in and initial running went great, got about a hour run time on her, 3 or 4 good heat cycles. Zero leaks, zero issues so far. Got a short video, but not sure how to post it...old man problems, lol
You will need to load it onto YouTube and post the link here.

Question, My old purple cam was put in the box my new cam came in.
I read on the box , warranty void if use of reground lifters.
Your thoughts on why?
Thanks
How they gonna know? Worthless legalese boilerplate to scare you.

Looks great! Can I ask what you used for a balancer? I bought a Trickflow for my build, but its thicker than stock and I believe it's going to mess up my factory pulley alignment.
Again, awesome job! :thumbsup:
More progress, got everything assembled after the typical "hurry up and wait" parts supply issues we deal with. All buttoned up and ready to go on the run stand.

View attachment 1716012224

Looks great! Can I ask what you used for a balancer? I bought a Trickflow for my build, but its thicker than stock and I believe it's going to mess up my factory pulley alignment.
Again, awesome job! :thumbsup:
It's the factory ballancer

No one local donated some dyno time?
No, but we do have a local dyno we use, and I wouldn't mind donating my time, but they need $500 for a day of running which is a pretty darn fair deal in my opinion. If peeps wanna chip in I'm certainly down for it!

No, but we do have a local dyno we use, and I wouldn't mind donating my time, but they need $500 for a day of running which is a pretty darn fair deal in my opinion. If peeps wanna chip in I'm certainly down for it!
Nice work @replicaracer43 engine looks good and sounds healthy. $500 is a screaming deal for a day of tuning on the dyno. I just payed more than double that.

-
Back