The state of Colorado at it's finest

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Last month my daughter was looking at the state of Colorado lost property website and noticed I had some cash in my name.

I filled out all the forms and then saw that it was $0.07 from Chase Bank!

They wanted some additional info but really for 7 cents not worth my time.

Well what do you know in my mail today....

PXL_20221211_182809427.jpg

"According to NACHA, it costs on average $1.22 to process a paper check, which accounts for manpower and various other costs"

Got to love the government!

Pennsylvania has the same type of program. They list accounts as less than $100 and more than $100. My older brother who was executor for my mom and dad plus my aunt said the headache to recover any funds was not worth it for less than $100. Paperwork, notary, etc.

I've gotten a collection letter for $.03.

What kind of idiot.......

I used my credit union at work the first couple years, they kind of screwed me-so I left 100.00 dollars in my account for 32 years, just to **** with them-all of the statements that they sent me.

My son got a check from the IRS for like a dollar and change he said it wasn't worth his time, so he threw it in the trash so every year for 3 years they sent the check again the last time they sent it I took it to his bank and wrote for deposit only and deposited it, end of story.

One thing I've done before to "some" companies(Bell)is setup payments in my online banking. I set up the "payment" for a nickel a week.
An accounting hassle for them.
Heres a statement I get every month lol

20221125_162948.jpg

Last month my daughter was looking at the state of Colorado lost property website and noticed I had some cash in my name.

I filled out all the forms and then saw that it was $0.07 from Chase Bank!

They wanted some additional info but really for 7 cents not worth my time.

Well what do you know in my mail today....

View attachment 1716020988

"According to NACHA, it costs on average $1.22 to process a paper check, which accounts for manpower and various other costs"

Got to love the government!
It sounds stupid but from a accounting standpoint you either balance to the penny or the job you are doing isn't correct. My wife Is a CPA and could weigh in on that. The 160 million dollar budget shows that. Every penny is accounted for.

It sounds stupid but from a accounting standpoint you either balance to the penny or the job you are doing isn't correct. My wife Is a CPA and could weigh in on that. The 160 million dollar budget shows that. Every penny is accounted for.
Somebody needs to tell that to Washington.

I still have a check at home somewhere from Harley Davidson for $0.01. It was a payment from some rewards incentive program we used to get. When a customer left a good review, you'd get a Happy Card scratcher and I got one for one penny.
I used my credit union at work the first couple years, they kind of screwed me-so I left 100.00 dollars in my account for 32 years, just to **** with them-all of the statements that they sent me.
I've hated USBank for years and when I finally get around to dumping them, this is the way but I'll leave $25 or less in there, just make sure they lose money. Can't let the fuckers make interest on it.
One thing I've done before to "some" companies(Bell)is setup payments in my online banking. I set up the "payment" for a nickel a week.
An accounting hassle for them.
Heres a statement I get every month lol

View attachment 1716021280
Another great idea to stick it to em. What the hell are you doing for 13.45% interest? I want in on that!

Bought a prepaid Visa card, reloaded several times. Worked well. It had $0.17 on it. Visa closed out the service and sent me a check for that amount. Like was stated earlier seems insignificant but accounting is an exact science

Four months after I got out of the Navy, it was tax time. I filled out the forms and sent it in as early as possible. I was ready for a refund check to party with in college! The IRS had other plans.

I waited and waited, no luck. I called the “local” office and talked to machines - no response. Finally, damn near 6 months after I submitted my taxes, I got a written response! Basically, it said “We regret to inform you we cannot mail your refund check because we do not have your mailing address.” WTF?

I called again and read them the letter that they mailed to me. They really wanted that letter back, but I kept it (and lost it over the years).

After I explained to them they were idiots, I got my refund check within 3 days.

Last edited:
I get it about the accounting. But they could have a "donate to the general fund" button

-
Back