the things we do for love

-

a68postcar

Reaction score
well, i thought i would post some pics of how i spent my weekend. and the last 2 weeks for that matter. some background is in order, so here goes.
the subject is a 74 dart sport, matching numbers car, 360, 727 automatic, 8.75 - 3.91:1. it belongs to my youngest brother, and it is originally from PA. that should tell you a little about the condition of the car in general. i think the pics will tell the tale. i will break this into a couple of batches so it will be easier to digest.

pokes dart sport 001.jpg

pokes dart sport 003.jpg

pokes dart sport 012.jpg

pokes dart sport 013.jpg

pokes dart sport 026.jpg

i had to buy a new camera and the size is incorrect to post the pics from it to this thread. how can i manually resize them so i can post the rest of the project? anyone?

i had to buy a new camera and the size is incorrect to post the pics from it to this thread. how can i manually resize them so i can post the rest of the project? anyone?
You should be able to adjust the pic setting,so after taking pics they,ll load without resizing.Somewhere around 1024 680,sorry but I,m not very camera/PC knowledgable.

hey, good work! i gotta do that repair to my 68cuda... but i dont kno how to do body work!

Nice lookin work man! the underside looks really clean for the shape the bodies in. Nice lookin collection too8)

Are you making those pieces? what gage? mine needs the same treatment
Great collection of models! any plain-jane valiants?

yeah i'm making all the sheetmetal by hand out of 20 guage. i'm cutting all the rust out and then putting the new on, and butwelding all of it. it is time consuming. but it works too good not to.

new cam 1 014.jpg

new cam 1 017.jpg

new cam 1 019.jpg

new cam 1 025.jpg

new cam 1 015.jpg

took the weekend off from the bodywork to get the engine together, installed and, running.

new cam 1 002.jpg

new cam 1 003.jpg

new cam 1 004.jpg

new cam 1 006.jpg

new cam 1 011.jpg

new cam 1 010.jpg

new cam 1 013.jpg

Glad to see you got the pic resizing setting happening,the pics are proof you,ve been busy!Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work.:clock:

it truly is my youngest brother's(i have 4 of em)ride. here is another quick batch of what i did today.

pokes dart sport 033.jpg

pokes dart sport 039.jpg

pokes dart sport 040.jpg

pokes dart sport 045.jpg

pokes dart sport 047.jpg

pokes dart sport 049.jpg

Nice work. Glad to see you're getting the hang of the new camera. Those first few with the new camera were real blurry - a steady hand, breath out, then click - just like shooting a rifle. You got it, keep the pictures coming.

Oh, I always wanted a big brother - would you be mine? Before you answer read the info in my sig about my "Project car" a.k.a Freddie Flintstone mobile :toothy10:

Glad to see you got the pic resizing setting happening,the pics are proof you,ve been busy!Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work.:clock:

You gave him some good info, Brother set my camera for me and it makes everything so much nicer, A tripod seems to be needed for any of my pictures to turn out nice.

I read the title and thought it was a thread about 10cc

Nice work by the way.

ha-ha-ha 10CC. good song too. i hadn't given it much thought, but it works too.

Just goes to show, all you have to do is try, and you can figure out how to do this yourself. Great job. Not as easy as buying and welding in a patch panel, but when you look at the finished product, being able to say "I replaced all that metal MYSELF" is what it's all about.

Looks like the finished product is going to be very nice.

-
Back