The Wine Drinkers Thread

-
everybody is sold out of the aquq p '03 merlot....

I found a bottle at the save mart 'used be ralphs' in clovis, it was just pickin something for my family who the women dig merlot..and it paid off

I make wine. So far my best batch has been a white wine that I made from my crabapple tree. Fruity, not too sweet, tons of body....it's soooo good, wish I had more than 4 bottles of it. :(

Picked up 2 bottles yesterday-Wild Horse '08 pinot & Red Diamond '08 cab

The Red D is really bright and full of light berry/cherry with med/fast acidic finish, good but not out of the ordinary...it went well with the rib eye's I had for dinner, yes 2...I eat a lot....anyways the red D would be better in 3-5 yrs

The wild horse I will try in a couple of days, if good...I will buy 6-8 bottles to store since the '08's are almost out making room for the '09's

Boomtown cab, Dusted Valley Vineyards, Washington State. Decent overall, black cherry, a hint of licorice, mildly smoky, light to medium bodied. Makes me wish I had a good burger to go with it. Probably would pass it by at the store if it cost more than $10 though. My workplace gave me the bottle for selling the most last week, otherwise I have a very limited wine budget...

My wife and I both enjoy wine with our meals, and with dessert. While we have many different wines, the two staples are:
Red - Banfi Chianti Classico Reserva
White - Bolla Pinot Grigio

As of late we have also found a few of the Aussy wines quite tasty, and a little less costly.

Kendal Jackson reserve '06 cab, I highly recommend it.
The wild horse '08 pinot is.... ehhh... a bit too young and explosively too tart, maybe in 5 yrs.

Melbac from Argentina is very nice for the money, I'm rarely without a glass of red wine in my hand :D

..oh and of course Twin Fin, I mean hey, it's got an A-body on the label so how can you go wrong?

Boomtown cab, Dusted Valley Vineyards, Washington State. Decent overall, black cherry, a hint of licorice, mildly smoky, light to medium bodied. Makes me wish I had a good burger to go with it. Probably would pass it by at the store if it cost more than $10 though. My workplace gave me the bottle for selling the most last week, otherwise I have a very limited wine budget...

I've looked for the boomtown but havent seen it yet, unless I buy it online.

I make wine. So far my best batch has been a white wine that I made from my crabapple tree. Fruity, not too sweet, tons of body....it's soooo good, wish I had more than 4 bottles of it. :(

I too make wine dustergal, I've got 40 gal of different types
resting in bulk as we speak.

Don't forget these fine sophisticated flavors
Homecloned said:
I was wondering when MD would be mentioned. I remember when they came out with the different flovors.:vom::vom::vom::vom: Now if only I could forget.:vom::vom::vom:
This is what usually ends up happening by the time you drink your third bottle of MD Peaches ~n~ Cream Folks .
Do NOT drink and drive !!!
(Unless of course you're on the back 40 acres and testing the transmission of your lawn mower )

Attachments

• Scan_Pic0005 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 91
We make our own, 50 bottles at a time. Got 500+ bottles aging now. Just took up beer making and have about 10 gallons of Hefeweizen about ready to bottle now.

nice thread....i´m no wine expert by far, but i live in franconia in Germany where a lot of wine is made. It´s been a very long tradition here around Würzburg.

What i wanna say: if you ever visit my country, let me know and we´ll do a "test ride", maybe in the Hofkeller:

http://www.hofkeller.de/13-0-Stueckfasskeller.html

Same for beer lovers.....:mrgreen:

:) Michael

I have wasted hundreds of dollars buying wine. I thought the more expensive they were, the better they would taste. That was totally wrong. Someone recommended to me a Merlot that is truly awesome and it's cheap.

Red Diamond Merlot. It's about 8 to 9 dollars a bottle and its great. Please try it.

-
Back