The Wine Drinkers Thread

-
St supery '03 cab, brilliant!
vanilla, oak, currant....excellent with rib eye steak marinated in Allegro ...

Attachments

• Photo 1453.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 99
Good table wine for red meat:

Conquista Malbec (2008-2010, if you can find it. 2011 and 2012 are also good)
Argentinian red wine, not too dry, nice and smooth.
Also, only ~$7.00 a bottle

Try it, you won't regret it!

Nope, cant even make it through a entire glass. Could be just the wines Ive tried but they are to tart for me.

homemade blackberry wine. picked the berries myself, made it myself, but i do share it. im bout out though. blackberris in mid mo burnt up this past year so i was only able to pick enough to make some jam, but this year i hope will be different

Im not a drinker but we stayed on a paddleboat hotel for our anniversary and there was no tv so we just sat on the deck and drank wine. What a great time we had.

Now we try to enjoy a night of wine about once a week. I work so much it is hard for us to have down time so we are doing the wine and date night when we can.

I never thought I would like wine. LOL

I'd been saving an '03 Antolini Amarone for a special occasion. Well my Dad is now cancer-free so it was time to open it. Amarone is a special style of wine from the Veneto district in northeast Italy...the grapes are dried for a few months before they are crushed and fermented. This concentrates the juice and the sugars and produces a unique dry, yet raisin-y, high-alcohol wine. Amarone is expensive because it takes more grapes and more time and care to make, the grapes can become moldy and the fermenting wine can spoil. People often hold onto Amarone for 15-20 years or more. It is recommended to be decanted and allowed to breathe for two hours to open up. We just popped and poured; the intense raisin flavors were certainly there and it was very good, but I didn't get much else. Again maybe if we'd let it breathe or allowed it to age a few more years...

'08 Justin cab was excellent. Not as bold as a Krug , very tame even...but a nice fast finish low alcohol acidic bite, loved it.

Just found another bottle of '08 la creme pinot at the hole in the wall liquor store in o side...so ill be poping that one soon.

I'd been saving an '03 Antolini Amarone for a special occasion. Well my Dad is now cancer-free so it was time to open it. Amarone is a special style of wine from the Veneto district in northeast Italy...the grapes are dried for a few months before they are crushed and fermented. This concentrates the juice and the sugars and produces a unique dry, yet raisin-y, high-alcohol wine. Amarone is expensive because it takes more grapes and more time and care to make, the grapes can become moldy and the fermenting wine can spoil. People often hold onto Amarone for 15-20 years or more. It is recommended to be decanted and allowed to breathe for two hours to open up. We just popped and poured; the intense raisin flavors were certainly there and it was very good, but I didn't get much else. Again maybe if we'd let it breathe or allowed it to age a few more years...

Cool, though Im not familiar with that wine, maybe it did need more time?

Ok so they are pushing Rose' in the liquor stores this time of year. Got me remembering a French lady I worked with who introduced me to Rose of Cabernet d'Anjou. French Rose's are typically dry and crisp, nothing like White Zinfandel. Well I could not find that pacticular wine which is made from Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, so I ended up with a bottle of Bastide de Trians, from the Provence region. It is a blend of Grenache, Cinsault, and Syrah grapes. It is indeed dry and has a good weight, should go well with grilled chicken that's almost ready. As a mostly red wine drinker, I am enjoying this.

Who's drinking wine tonight?

-
Back