Things Change.. Butters is now getting a 392

-
Be careful in that thing. Remember the comedian (Kevin Hart) was in a 392 E-body and flipped over. He was hurt really bad. I want to say broken ribs and collapsed lung-Dangerous!

Be careful in that thing. Remember the comedian (Kevin Hart) was in a 392 E-body and flipped over. He was hurt really bad. I want to say broken ribs and collapsed lung-Dangerous!

Pretty sure it wasn't a stock 392 in Hart's car. But I agree with being careful either way.

Definitely. Bench seat and lap belt doesn't make me comfortable enough to get too stupid. Hoopty is the one that really scares me tho.. Sketchy af BEFORE the Hemi and 8 Speed

Got all my ARP studs in the other night, grill and headlights last night and picked up my tires today.

Again.. Ford parking brakes can eat a bag of d!cks. They are horrible to get back tofether with axles in.

20240425_133205.jpg

20240425_133229.jpg

Hard to keep her out of any car.. Just say the word "cruising" and she runs to the nearest vehicle.
As with 90% of other dogs. I go near my dogs collar drawer, (they wear their collars when we “go for” a ride), they go nuts

OK, the dark grey centers have grown on me.. Need to find a few SBP for the fronts now. 245s fit great.. I can get a finger between everything. Pics.. One special Pic for 85glht haha

Screenshot_20240425-202035_Gallery.jpg

20240425_194653.jpg

20240425_194647.jpg

20240425_194633.jpg

20240425_194549.jpg

20240425_194538.jpg

20240425_193923.jpg

20240425_194747.jpg

OK, the dark grey centers have grown on me.. Need to find a few SBP for the fronts now. 245s fit great.. I can get a finger between everything. Pics.. One special Pic for 85glht haha

View attachment 1716241774

View attachment 1716241775

View attachment 1716241776

View attachment 1716241777

View attachment 1716241778

View attachment 1716241779

View attachment 1716241780

View attachment 1716241781
I LOVE IT!!!!!

Cor looks great my friend!! I'd love to do this swap in my '65 but I don't think it would be that easy.

So how does it drive? Did I miss the post on that?
Lotsa words, coming at ya!

Overall, yesterday went pretty well. It was good to be driving it again but it did feel really foreign to me after being stick in the Ram all winter. This car always feels so small to me. With the 904 it didn't really feel any different than I remembered, while just cruising around. The shifts are a little wonky still. But, when you hit that pedal.. Holy sh!tballs! I'm still pretty hyper focused, trying to take it easy for a while... Listening, watching, smelling haha. I did have one let down.. Actually two

At lunch, I spun by A&A transmission and picked up Nick, to go for a ride and see if he had any ideas why my shifts are weird... If I roll into the throttle easy, I get a brief kickdown where it shouldn't and then it resumes 3rd.kickdown lever is pretty loose atm (for diagnosis) and shouldn't kick at all. Anyway while we're running down the road, I roll into the throttle and then the engine just went dead. So we rolled into a subdivision and started scratching our heads. Initially, I thought we ran out of gas. Found that I blew the 30 Amp main in the Sublime panel. I thought "well, maybe the AC, fuel pump, fans and engine might just be too much". Which in reality, it probably is. So I robbed the AC fuse and we were on our way. Dropped him off and when I left, I couldn't resist the urge.. You know the one. And just like that, another fuse just as I hit 2nd. It took the glory out of the vulgar display of power that I just laid down. Robbed 1 fan fuse and back on my way.

When I got back to the shop, I grabbed some fresh fuses and loaded my panel back up.. Plus some spares. No issues until I was almost home and decided to test a theory. I rolled into the throttle, demanding more fuel and sure enough. Pop! The current conclusion is that the Holley pump is demanding some higher amps under a load and just too much for that panel. I drove it back into work again today and no issues during normal driving. I brought a relay box today and I'll get something prewired and test that theory later this afternoon. And then back to trans adjustments.

Even with a few hiccups, I'm loving it

Overall, yesterday went pretty well. It was good to be driving it again but it did feel really foreign to me after being stick in the Ram all winter. This car always feels so small to me. With the 904 it didn't really feel any different than I remembered, while just cruising around. The shifts are a little wonky still. But, when you hit that pedal.. Holy sh!tballs! I'm still pretty hyper focused, trying to take it easy for a while... Listening, watching, smelling haha. I did have one let down.. Actually two

At lunch, I spun by A&A transmission and picked up Nick, to go for a ride and see if he had any ideas why my shifts are weird... If I roll into the throttle easy, I get a brief kickdown where it shouldn't and then it resumes 3rd.kickdown lever is pretty loose atm (for diagnosis) and shouldn't kick at all. Anyway while we're running down the road, I roll into the throttle and then the engine just went dead. So we rolled into a subdivision and started scratching our heads. Initially, I thought we ran out of gas. Found that I blew the 30 Amp main in the Sublime panel. I thought "well, maybe the AC, fuel pump, fans and engine might just be too much". Which in reality, it probably is. So I robbed the AC fuse and we were on our way. Dropped him off and when I left, I couldn't resist the urge.. You know the one. And just like that, another fuse just as I hit 2nd. It took the glory out of the vulgar display of power that I just laid down. Robbed 1 fan fuse and back on my way.

When I got back to the shop, I grabbed some fresh fuses and loaded my panel back up.. Plus some spares. No issues until I was almost home and decided to test a theory. I rolled into the throttle, demanding more fuel and sure enough. Pop! The current conclusion is that the Holley pump is demanding some higher amps under a load and just too much for that panel. I drove it back into work again today and no issues during normal driving. I brought a relay box today and I'll get something prewired and test that theory later this afternoon. And then back to trans adjustments.

That is a lot running on a 30A fuse. I think I have a 25A on 2 fans. I think I'd rather the fuel pump and fans be on a circuit with a relay and independent fuse. Also think you're on the right track with the fuel pump first. As I'm sure you know as the flow increases on a pump, so does the current. That would explain the fuse popping when you get on it.

That is a lot running on a 30A fuse. I think I have a 25A on 2 fans. I think I'd rather the fuel pump and fans be on a circuit with a relay and independent fuse. Also think you're on the right track with the fuel pump first. As I'm sure you know as the flow increases on a pump, so does the current. That would explain the fuse popping when you get on it.
I was working with Blake on it last night, just to get a grasp of how that panel is laid out. With this panel, the ecm is what kicks the fan relay and uses a oem fan harness. The fuel pump is just ignition on, so it'll be easy. I can do one of two things with it.. use the fuel pump output from the Sublime panel as a relay trigger or ignition switch to trigger it .

Last edited:
I was working with Blake on it last night, just to get a grasp of how that panel is laid out. With this panel, the ecm is what kicks the fan relay and uses a oem fan harness. The fuel pump is just ignition on, so it'll be easy. I can do one of two things with it.. use the fuel pump output from the Sublime panel as a relay trigger or ignition switch to trigger it . The fans only pull 8 amps, so I don't think I'll worry about them. If they actually do seem to be a problem, I'll pull the panel and isolate the power feed to that relay with a independent fussed feed.
Does the ECM not control the fuel pump? Seems like it should. You wouldn't want your pump constantly running while you have the key on and the engine not running.

Does the ECM not control the fuel pump? Seems like it should. You wouldn't want your pump constantly running while you have the key on and the engine not running.
I think it might... not 100% on that. The pump runs for a second or 2 when it's keyed on. So I'm learning towards yes. I do have a plan tho.. Since my battery is in the trunk, it'll be easy to run a fused circuit from it to a relay and use the pump power lead from the Sublime panel to trigger the relay. a bit redundant, but it is what it is.

I am sure the PCM is controlling the fuel pump relay. It does in the OEM setup, no idea why (or how) Sublime would do it any different.

The fans only pull 8 amps, so I don't think I'll worry about them. If they actually do seem to be a problem, I'll pull the panel and isolate the power feed to that relay with a independent fussed feed.

The OEM fan fuses are a 40 amp and 50 amp based on the diagram I have, so I would be surprised if they only pull 8 amps. Can't remember an OEM fan that pulls so little. I bet the OEM wiring is 10 gage or bigger, too.

There is a 10 amp fuse for the control side of the relays, maybe that is what you are referring to?

I am sure the PCM is controlling the fuel pump relay. It does in the OEM setup, no idea why (or how) Sublime would do it any different.
I agree.. I just can't say with 100% certainty and don't want to lead anyone to false information

The OEM fan fuses are a 40 amp and 50 amp based on the diagram I have, so I would be surprised if they only pull 8 amps. Can't remember an OEM fan that pulls so little. I bet the OEM wiring is 10 gage or bigger, too.

There is a 10 amp fuse for the control side of the relays, maybe that is what you are referring to?
I actually misspoke.. factory pump is 8 amps. Good catch.. edited

ADHD wins again.. my head talks about to many things at once. Sometimes, I'm typing wayyy slower than I'm thinking and my brain has already moved on to something else haha

Sorry you are having the glitches, but I am sure you will work them out and then you can make vulgar displays of power at will. Any ideas on the trans issues?

ADHD wins again.. my head talks about to many things at once. Sometimes, I'm typing wayyy slower than I'm thinking and my brain has already moved on to something else haha

I seem to be several characters and sometimes even words ahead of my fingers when I type. And most of the time I get letters out of order because I think my right hand is ahead of my left, or vice versa. So I completely understand. I have to read my posts and emails several times before I actual send them. :D

I seem to be several characters and sometimes even words ahead of my fingers when I type. And most of the time I get letters out of order because I think my right hand is ahead of my left, or vice versa. So I completely understand. I have to read my posts and emails several times before I actual send them. :D
I knew you'd understand lol. I make ALOT of edits because my brain says "trust me, it's good"

Sorry you are having the glitches, but I am sure you will work them out and then you can make vulgar displays of power at will. Any ideas on the trans issues?
Nothing just yet. Driving normal, it's pretty good. It's just when you roll into the throttle, at about 1/4 pedal, it'll give a flash of a kickdown and then resume to normal.. floor it and it doesn't seem to do it. Nick is wondering if there's something going on with the valve body because everything else is fresh. I'm still playing with different length levers to see if that makes any difference. The Bouchillion lever is much shorter than stock and that's what I had on there at first. I've been trying a longer lever for a few days now and it seems better but throw ratios are too different to work right. If I set it like it should be ..tv fully open at wot, the lever still has considerable pull on it at idle. Shorter lever and it kicks down easier yet or never shifts into 3rd. On the way home yesterday, I think it may have been getting better tho. It's just weird

-
Back