thinking about nitrous.....with this cam.

-

dvs265ap6

Reaction score
Just wondering if there's any nitrous guys out there that could tell me what might happen if i put 150 shot of laughing gas in my engine running this cam? If your not familiar it's a 410 stroker smallblock, 11.5 comp, forged pistons, k1 rods, indy 360-1 heads, 825 demon carb, 1-3/4 headers. And this cam,http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hrs-711113-08/overview/, i know it's not ideal but will it work, i don't want to change cam if i can get away with it.

Please get the nitrous/fuel jetting correct.

Most kits and instruction in those kits are horribly rich.

@ crackedback: Who are you telling!! with the recommended jetting my A/F gauge never left the 10.9 area! I think its a good starting point in what they recommend so then you can tune down.

@ crackedback: Who are you telling!! with the recommended jetting my A/F gauge never left the 10.9 area! I think its a good starting point in what they recommend so then you can tune down.

Wasn't your car the one that's picked up a bunch as you stepped down on the fuel jetting from the recommendations in the kits? In the range of .4 seconds?

If that's not an indictment of the jetting package, not sure what is.

10.9 A/F is horribly rich on an NA w/ nitrous. Wouldn't be surprised if it picked up another 3-4 tenths with more fuel pulled out of it.

Just wondering if there's any nitrous guys out there that could tell me what might happen if i put 150 shot of laughing gas in my engine running this cam? If your not familiar it's a 410 stroker smallblock, 11.5 comp, forged pistons, k1 rods, indy 360-1 heads, 825 demon carb, 1-3/4 headers. And this cam,http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hrs-711113-08/overview/, i know it's not ideal but will it work, i don't want to change cam if i can get away with it.

It will work pretty well, but you're going to have to creep up on the spray. That's a lot of cylinder pressure to be putting through your head gaskets and bolts/studs.

I'm running 11:1 in my 390, but I kept the LSA down to 114 degrees to bleed off some pressure. It is still really healthy off the bottle, but when I spray that sumbitch, it REALLY wakes up.

It will work pretty well, but you're going to have to creep up on the spray. That's a lot of cylinder pressure to be putting through your head gaskets and bolts/studs.

I'm running 11:1 in my 390, but I kept the LSA down to 114 degrees to bleed off some pressure. It is still really healthy off the bottle, but when I spray that sumbitch, it REALLY wakes up.
have you run any times yet, with without nitrous?

It ran a high 12 on an open diff with 2.76 gears and street tires launching soft.

I have 3.23's and a sure grip now. It should go a low 12-high 11.

I would listen to this...I would start maybe 8 jet sizes down on the fuel jet from the nitrous jet i.e. 55 nitrous jet, 47 fuel jet, and tune from there...Everyone, including the one who designs the tuneups for NOS know that the jetting the provide is extremely rich, and is just used as a safe starting point

A nitrous controller would be the best way to control timing and when to start/stop the flow of it too.

In my experience, fuel pressure is more effective that jet. I run the jets that NOS says to go with and my tunes always make more power than what they are rated. I know jetting is a pretty good approach but just sharing my experiences

buy a good kit , and give me a call ,i can help with the tune

Strokers ,usually love lower lobe centers. We don't build these monsters, for gas mileage, lol.

-
Back