Thinking of buying a 67 Notchback

-

KIWI

Reaction score
Hi all, I,ve come across a 67 nothchback less all the running gear but the body apears to be in preety good shape. Its been in dry storage for a long time. I was wondering how I can tell what sort of running gear it would have had, it has a Formula S badge on one fender but not the other, what does that signify? The VIN is#BH23E72188678 Any advice or info as to what is or what its worth would be much appreciated.

Chris Slee

B Line Plymouth Barracuda
H Class High
23 Body 2-door hardtop
E Engine V8 273 CID 1-4BBL "LA"
7 Year 1967
2 Assembly Hamtramck, Michigan
188678 Serial188678

Check for a fender tag and/or a build sheet because that will give more details.

It already has an E in the vin with is the 273 HiPo engine one of 2 Formula-s engines. The other being an H-code (383). On the fender tag what you're looking for is an F with a 7 under it. That would be a Formula-S car.

That is one real nice header panel, grille and bezels! they look cherry! Hard to tell worth price auto 4-speed does it run rust... etc etc many factors to determine. Roughly 1 to 3k depending.

Depending on coin, nice find.My favorite A body,hands down.Welcome.

Nice score for sure! FYI, all Barracudas have the "H" for high class....not to many damned sexy too!! LOL

I have a 68 Barracuda notch-back minus drive train. I love the car and can't wait to get all the pieces to get it on the road. A friend has a 67 and we plan to drive to meets together. Get the car if the price is right.

Here she is sat in my shop. Had a heck of time getting her loaded and out of the barn where she'd sat since 1977 ! Got a bunch of parts with her that I'm still sorting through and I'll give you guys first crack at at anything I don't need. There's quite a bit of Duster stuff as well. Two things I noticed straight away are a NIB Edelbrock intake manifold and a used Wieand intake both for 318/340 engines if anybody wants those. I also bought a 72 Duster of the same lady which is going to donate some of its parts to the Barracuda

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 009.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 113
-
Back