Those of you selling parts

-
Part of the allure of this site is the respectful nature of its members. Sometimes there are people you don't care for or those you try to interact with who you find to be unworthy of your time. The common reaction on this site just seems to be more passive than most. I like that. People who are wound up tighter than an eight day clock need to find brotherly love somewhere else. People here are lovers of cars, learning, and teaching. They are also real people with real lives. Sometimes life gets in the way. People get busy. If somebody not answering your PMs puckers your *** so tight that a person couldn't drive a straight pin up it with a sledgehammer, you should either relax or find a new forum. I suggest Moparts.com for you.

Part of the allure of this site is the respectful nature of its members. Sometimes there are people you don't care for or those you try to interact with who you find to be unworthy of your time. The common reaction on this site just seems to be more passive than most. I like that. People who are wound up tighter than an eight day clock need to find brotherly love somewhere else. People here are lovers of cars, learning, and teaching. They are also real people with real lives. Sometimes life gets in the way. People get busy. If somebody not answering your PMs puckers your *** so tight that a person couldn't drive a straight pin up it with a sledgehammer, you should either relax or find a new forum. I suggest Moparts.com for you.

You DO realize that you are talking about one of the nicest people on this site. Lance is one of the good guys that has been around for a LONG time. If you want to make friends here at FABO you are going about the WRONG way.

I have had a lot of good buying experiences here. My only gripe is being told I'm 3rd or 4th in line after being the first one to respond in ad. Especially within 1 or 2 minutes. I always respond in ad then immediately send a PM. How else are we all to know who really has dibs? Whats the consensus, 1st shot goes to 1st PM sent/received or 1st response in ad? In the end, I guess you can sell to whoever you want. I just don't like being B.S.'d. I will say that its a bit more obvious than some sellers think when they put off returning your PM to shop around a better sale for themselves. I notice that the contents of my PM can have an affect on how fast I get a returned PM or what supposed position I'm in. I just remind myself that you can't get all the deals. I'm usually pissed for a day, then I'm over it. This site is pretty damn good relative to others in the buy/sell department.

You DO realize that you are talking about one of the nicest people on this site. Lance is one of the good guys that has been around for a LONG time. If you want to make friends here at FABO you are going about the WRONG way.

Agreed 1000%, Lance is a great guy and a fantastic member.

I have had a lot of good buying experiences here. My only gripe is being told I'm 3rd or 4th in line after being the first one to respond in ad. Especially within 1 or 2 minutes. I always respond in ad then immediately send a PM. How else are we all to know who really has dibs? Whats the consensus, 1st shot goes to 1st PM sent/received or 1st response in ad? In the end, I guess you can sell to whoever you want. I just don't like being B.S.'d. I will say that its a bit more obvious than some sellers think when they put off returning your PM to shop around a better sale for themselves. I notice that the contents of my PM can have an affect on how fast I get a returned PM or what supposed position I'm in. I just remind myself that you can't get all the deals. I'm usually pissed for a day, then I'm over it. This site is pretty damn good relative to others in the buy/sell department.

You will find that there are flippers that camp on this site all day just waiting to send a pm when a cash cow deal pops up. They might send a pm and never post on the forum. There are other members that spend a lot of time here that needs a part for their car who will send a pm when something pops up and again they may never post on the forum.

The carpet bombing that goes on in the for sale section here SUCKS those donkey balls as well.

and whats worse , some actually REPLY to one or more of those Hiroshima parts adds , and get NO response what so ever LOL

KAMIKAZE!!!!!! Another is when a carpet bomber, seller only, offers something for $50 more than stuff I have for sale and it sells... same parts... go figure!

This struck me as funny - until I realized that I didn't know what it was you guys were talking about - then I started laughing at myself for being a dumba$$! I almost feel like a "noob"! School me please! Give me an example or link to a "carpet bombing" ad so I can understand the term.

what i have noticed and im done buying stuff on here too is that te used parts you buy are never as good as they seam. i feel as if im buying other peoples problems or mistakes. i just decided to order new stuff from here on out

REALLY ? I have been doing business here for a couple of long years, I have bought and sold 100's of dollars worth of items.

people get busy , I am busy , we are all busy , but when you have sellers that do nothing here but sell parts , I expect some kind of response , especially 2 minutes after they are bumping threads

I will never find a new site to hang out at , so get used to it

it sounds like you know all about Moparts , so why don't you find your way back over there

from the looks of your avatar , you need to put the pipe down

Lance, most people have responded to my pm's within a day or two. If I don't get a response after a few days and there is no activity on the for sale posting then I send another pm and check to see if it has been read. If it has been read by the seller and he still doesn't respond, I look for another seller with same item.

The carpet bombing that goes on in the for sale section here SUCKS those donkey balls as well.

Everybody have a great evening ! :)

I prefer to call that Llama ball sucking.

what WOULD be nice is if it were possible for each person to have a "Store" thread listing everything they have for sale on a single thread and they update that thread as things are added and sold on the FIRST POST. Comments locked. PM only.

Wait, that IS POSSIBLE

KAMIKAZE!!!!!!

Another is when a carpet bomber, seller only, offers something for $50 more than stuff I have for sale and it sells... same parts... go figure!

Why are these cars so expensive? Love that complaint.

Wonder why a lot of my removed parts are going to the scrap yard... there you go. LOL

Yup, you have some of the best priced parts on FABO. I dont get it. Speaking of... PM me. i need to send you $

Gentlemen, I agree -yes we get busy, however common courtesy at times does seem to be lacking. I respond always when PM'ed, and when I post I guess I do expect a response. If you dont like me, opt me out, I believe you can do it on the forum, or simply tell me via a PM, I would tell you. (have not had too)

And yes - I see the carpet bombing too and find it funny. I leave my post up and respectfully pull them down when sold, and at times BBT them, but not fighting for first place on a for sale forum as sometimes it seem this does happen.

I don't usually jump into these Hen fest but I'm with Lance on this one. Its not about the buying or selling what it boils down to is common courtesy. You have something to sell ,you miss a day can't get back with contacts. A general message to everyone that your busy or what ever. I'm a big believer in courtesy calls. You just don't leave people hanging.

Well, after being reminded by the higher ups about the rules in the for sale threads, technically you are not allowed to post a "PM Sent" in a thread to mark your spot! It is technically commentary, which is not allowed. I don't like it because I like potential buyers of an item to know that there is someone "in line" before them!

I currently have one item listed, not a single "PM Sent" post in the thread, but 7 PM's from members interested in the item! Now, I immediately posted a "sale pending" post in the thread to alert the 6 people who are "in line" behind the first responder! Except for my post, one would get the impression that there is no one in line for the part!

Now, is it wrong for me to post a "sale pending" post in the thread, or should I have to PM all 7 people and let them know their place in line? Am I in violation of proper sales ediquette?? All I have is my phone for Internet anymore and its a pain to send message after message instead of one post for all potential customers to see!! I'm sure I'm being complained about for this, I was already lambasted once a couple weeks ago for doing the same thing by a member who I am now sure hates me!!! I'm an honest seller who goes strictly by the "first in line gets first dibs" school of business, and would like to keep it that way!!! Geof

I don't usually jump into these Hen fest but I'm with Lance on this one. Its not about the buying or selling what it boils down to is common courtesy. You have something to sell ,you miss a day can't get back with contacts. A general message to everyone that your busy or what ever. I'm a big believer in courtesy calls. You just don't leave people hanging.

thank you zigs , that was my whole point , I kind of got caught up in the moment with my original post

if you are serious about doing business here , then have the courtesy to let people know something...anything

when I sell parts , I check in at least 2 or 3 times a day and return messages that instant

For those of you that think the OP is just whining you should prob read how many times he has been thanked and then look at yours i bet there will be a big difference.i dont know him personally or nor have i done business with him but we probably need more members like him.

thank you zigs , that was my whole point , I kind of got caught up in the moment with my original post

if you are serious about doing business here , then have the courtesy to let people know something...anything

when I sell parts , I check in at least 2 or 3 times a day and return messages that instant

Ditto. also when I sell and ship I get a tracking #PM the person the # and insist they respond when they receive it. The last thing I want to be is a target for one of these threads.

Lance, when you take away any car bonding that may exist between some members you are left with no more than a Craiglist of Mopar related buyers and sellers.

I wish it was better than that, but when it comes down to it,,,

Sorry man.

-
Back