Thrush Outsiders (side pipes)

-

SWETPT

Reaction score
I ran across a picture of my daughter (shes now 40) and noticed the side pipes. Do any of you old farts remember these. I think they cost around 100.00 bucks then. I also remembering my wife burning her nylons on the hot pipe when she got out of the car.(yes I said nylons)

6-14-2010 4;07;24 PM.jpg

I had a set of them on my 70 AMX and used to get ticketed constantly, I would go to court with the brochure for the AMX where you could order them (sidepipes, not thrush) from the factory so it would be thrown out every time. Now when I put them on my 64 Chevelle and got busted that was a different story.

I have to admit, much to my friends dismay, I am a huge fan of side pipes, in fact it may be considered a fetish lol. Planning on doing some custom ones on my fish...please wait until i'm done to shoot me :)

I was actually wondering if these had been on an A-body before the other day and about the street legality. LOL, apparently they aren't too street legal but they sure are badass!!
Anyone know where to get a set nowadays?

J.C. Whitney, Summit, and Jegs all carry them. Don't remember the brand though. Patriot comes to mind for JCW though. They are street legal in most states unless you are in one of those that outlaws any exhaust mods.

-
Back