timing chain replacement

-
Yeah, you're right. I just went out and looked at mine. So close but yet so far. Stupidest thing I ever saw. Looks like a new adapter is required.

Not 100% sure about this, but:
The Offie manifold was designed, back in the early 60's. At that time there were other carbs that were more popular, then what we run now. I think the bolt pattern on the manifold was for something like a WCFB, to bolt directy on the manifold without an adapter. Then in the later years, the adapter was added to allow for the newer carbs.

Not 100% sure about this, but:
The Offie manifold was designed, back in the early 60's. At that time there were other carbs that were more popular, then what we run now. I think the bolt pattern on the manifold was for something like a WCFB, to bolt directy on the manifold without an adapter. Then in the later years, the adapter was added to allow for the newer carbs.

That sounds about right.

Clifford and Offie both have the same bolt pattern on the manifold itself (if I remember right). The Offie adapter will only fit one way. On the Clifford adapter the holes used to mount the adapter to the manifold are "slotted", slightly, at an angle. This allows the adapter to be mounted in any position.

Clifford and Offie both have the same bolt pattern on the manifold itself (if I remember right). The Offie adapter will only fit one way. On the Clifford adapter the holes used to mount the adapter to the manifold are "slotted", slightly, at an angle. This allows the adapter to be mounted in any position.

well i remember it has two sets of mounts on the carb flange but i think you are correct in the slots for the adapter to intake...

-
Back