Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Man OH Man the attention to detail is and is going to be out of this World TinCup, Great job so far can't wait.

Man, you are doing a first class job, now hurry up and finish so you can do mine.....ha!

Looking good man. Now get some squirt on that thing!!!!

Finishing up the front valance, last bit of body work.

Picture.jpg

Do you have any other pics of the valance Tin, angle/side/etc? Can you give any details on how you built it? I'm going to do something similar but build the lights into the bumper on mine and I have no idea, yet, on how I'm going to get the finished look in the bumper that I'd like. Looks great!

Do you have any other pics of the valance Tin, angle/side/etc? Can you give any details on how you built it? I'm going to do something similar but build the lights into the bumper on mine and I have no idea, yet, on how I'm going to get the finished look in the bumper that I'd like. Looks great!

I welded in two steel tubes to make it look like buckets ( I wanted the lights recessed a little ) then just welded on two mounting tabs for the lights and that's it. It was difficult finding just the right size tubing, the lights are just under 3.5" so I needed something with a 3.5" ID. I ended up using 1/8" wall 3.5" ID x 3.75" OD from Speedy Metals.

nice job tincup. have you fit it up to the fenders yet? thats when i know if i nailed it or not. super work!

Thanks for the details Tin. Looks like the tube comes out a bit, did you do some blending as well? Hard to tell from that angle.

The tube does not stick out, the lights are recessed about 3/4". I'm going to shoot some primer on it this weekend, I'll post some better pic's for ya..

lookin good Im finaly getting back to my duster now that the trucks back on the road. was just curious how wide of a tire do you think you could fit under your mini tubs?

OK, OK, stop yelling at me ;-) Here are the latest. Putting on all the pieces to make sure they fit good before painting all the jambs.

Picture 202small.jpg

Picture 201small.jpg

Looking real good. You've got some serious tiger stripes there. =P~

Can't wait to see the paint on that thing. Next week I'll have the panels on my car.

Thanks Tin. Looking forward to seeing them.

Here you go swiss, some closeups of the valance. This is actually rev 2. It is important to get the right angle BEFORE welding them in....

Picture 203s.jpg

Picture 204s.jpg

Picture 205s.jpg

Picture 206s.jpg

Spent most of the day Sat. installing a AC unit I picked up off of Craigslist. As you can see by my thermometer it was 80 deg and 75% humidity at 8:00pm Sunday night. My nephew is coming over tonight to wire it in (220v).
I did manage to get some blocking done on the right side on Sun.

Picture 208s.jpg

Picture 207s.jpg

Thanks for the pics Tin, that's great work. What did you use for lights? I'm probably going to pull some from a Wrangler. Looking good, getting close.

Thanks for the pics Tin, that's great work. What did you use for lights? I'm probably going to pull some from a Wrangler. Looking good, getting close.

The lights are Hella Halogen driving lights $50 from Summit.

your lower valance looks great,, makes me wish my 66 cuda had a valance,, maybe ill put a dart dront end on the barracuda,,and call it a fast back dart,,,lol

I spent a little time in the machine shop and came up with a new gas cap. My old one is for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Picture 157.jpg

-
Back