title needed

-

godfatherofchry

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
were can I get a title for a car that has none. title was lost years ago.any help is appreciated... thanks Artie

Bonded title is one way its different for every state. Your first step if you havent already is to contact your state departments and find out what you need to do.

very informative, i have a 66 valiant i purchased a couple months ago that the person who sold it to me was suppose to get me the title as he bought the car fron colorado and didn't have it ..long story short now i have a car w/no title just a bill of sale. and am also in need of a title i was going to try and pick up a parts car w/a title or buy one from someone parting a car out .. as broadway wants 350.00 for a title

very informative, i have a 66 valiant i purchased a couple months ago that the person who sold it to me was suppose to get me the title as he bought the car fron colorado and didn't have it ..long story short now i have a car w/no title just a bill of sale. and am also in need of a title i was going to try and pick up a parts car w/a title or buy one from someone parting a car out .. as broadway wants 350.00 for a title

Check out the HAMB on the net there are a lot of titles on there all the time. SMOKEY.

Need to check the VIN with your state. If the state has that VIN in their system, you CANNOT use a title company. If you got your car from outside of the state you plan on titling your car you state MAY take a title company title. The way it works is you give the title company your car, with a bill of sale. They will in turn file for a dealer title from their state using your bill of sale. Then they sell the car back to you with their state title. Some states have additional paperwork to be filled out and will not take the title from another state. Like Kentucky, the seller of the car is required to sell a KY bill of sale and title transfer form. Then a sherrif verifies the VIN of the car to the paperwork and signs the KY bill of sale and title trans form. So, please check your state DMV before you send any money to a title company. I did find this out the hard way.
Oh and, if I'm not mistaken, it is illegal in all states to use a VIN from one car and place it on another car. just my 1.00 worth.
I ended up buying another 71 Dart and using all the parts I bought for the first 71 Dart that I could not get a title for. Soon will scrap the one with no title.
SO please check your state DMV first. I know I said that already but its worth saying twice.

-
Back