Title Work,please Help!

-

340wedge1971

Reaction score
I bought a 73 swinger back in 1992 for $500 from i guy that worked for me.3 days later he got shipped to desert storm,he left without giving me the title.2 years later i found his brother and learned he wont be coming home(if you know what i mean). his bother managed to get me a copy of the title from the California bmv. anyone know what steps i can take to get a clear title? the copy of the title is still in that persons name. the dart is almost road ready,someone please help!

I would talk to your local DMV about what you need done.

This is a perfect example of why you NEVER start working on a build until you have clear, legal, documented ownership.

im no attorney but ill bet the closest serviveing relative with power of attorney over his estate however small can apply for the title and then transfer it to you

im no attorney but ill bet the closest serviveing relative with power of attorney over his estate however small can apply for the title and then transfer it to you

Yep. I did it with all my parent's things, when they died.

Cudaman is pretty close on the money. Upon his death someone was appointed executor of his estate and all affairs. Find that person. Show them a bill of sale where you bought the car. If you dont have one you may need to have his brother vouch for you on the fact that he sold you the car. Did you leave a paper trail as in a canceled check? They will have the authority to get the necessary paper work rolling to get you a clean title. Dont get shook about the car. This might take a month or two but you should get a title. Good luck and keep us posted.
Small Block

-
Back