To Sell the last of the R12 or let it fade awaaay?/

-

Bcudamatt

Burnin Hot Foot
Reaction score
Should I sell the last remaining cans of Refrigerant R12 or let is rust slowly into the atmosphere an slowly let the sun eat away at your beautiful pale skin or should I continue to allow the United States Air Force to continue to pour all the R12 into the atomosphere uninhindered because the government allows it all to be that way?

Take it down to Tennessee and put it in Al Gore mail box..

List it as a survivor barn find on ebay.

Whats your question? R-12 is DIY dead. You can still buy it in Tijuana, just fill it there..DO NOT try and bring it back, even with a license. R-134 is still legal to fill yourself, changeover is minimal. BTW, Duster cans are pretty much R-134 too so whenever you dust your PC or blow your air-horn, you are venting.

I have at least 25 cans stored in heated/cooled locations and have not used one yet. I am seeing it surface on the market more now than it did 10 years ago.

By the time you use those old cans they will be half full at best. 134 is the way to go and contrary to popular belief, R12 systems can be converted to 134 without changing components. (don't shoot me you ac pros) tmm

Yup, you're dead right tmm, but I would still change the drier, just cause it's probably saturated. But you're right on the mark.

I still have a Snap on recovery/recycle machine with a 3/4 full tank.
You're right Toolmanmike. Just has to be properly vacuumed.

-
Back