To Tint, or not to Tint?

-
Just caught this thread....I honestly did not think there would be such a mix of opinions on a subject like this and I did not think that so many people would be so closed minded and stereo typical in regards to tinted vehicles.

first of all....the thug/yo yo yo comments are stupid .....basically saying that because your windows are black that you must be also or that your pants sag or that you do not know how to speak proper English or have guns or drugs or whatever the case may be.

I don't know about some of you but here in MI ALOT of muscle car have tint on them! and I personally think they look great ( to a point ). light to medium tint looks good......heavy or pitch black tint I am not much of a fan of ......for 1....it looks like your glass is painted and 2 at night time it can be a real pain looking out your windows to see where you are going if you are backing up and checking blind spots.

Plus it serves many purposes ....one obviously being the cosmetic style. two being that it can protect you from potentially harmful UV rays from the sunlight. three being that ....well, many of you with cracked dash pads would have great dash's still if you had a slight amount of tint LOL even a 5 inch tall gradient strip of tint on the top of the windshield can make a big difference. and four.....you can keep the heat out of your car in the summer.

My duster is going to be Plum crazy purple and have a black 340 stripe and I plan on using a light tint on it.....just enough to add to the style and keep it a smidge cooler in the summer being that I eliminated A/C and have black leather interior.

good luck on getting it tinted, should look great and be sure to post up pictures of the final product.

I think when the windows are black on a car, people are hiding something. Secondly most ghetto / dirt bags have all blacked windows. Ever drive around in the ghetto? I have many times as I have to in order to service equipment. Why are ghetto automobiles dark tinted? Maybe so they can smoke dope and load their un-regestered guns simultaneously while driving. Maybe simply to hide in their cars. So, yea, really dark tint infers ghetto.

Nice to see a simple thread about tint collapse into a racist rant about hood thugs.....

I digress.

I think when the windows are black on a car, people are hiding something. Secondly most ghetto / dirt bags have all blacked windows. Ever drive around in the ghetto? I have many times as I have to in order to service equipment. Why are ghetto automobiles dark tinted? Maybe so they can smoke dope and load their un-regestered guns simultaneously while driving. Maybe simply to hide in their cars. So, yea, really dark tint infers ghetto.

What is your highest accomplished education level? Let me explain something to you pal.. I have a 68 Dart and a 06 Charger, both are tinted, both are black cars and both have after market chrome wheels. Does this mean I'm a thug or that I drive "ghetto" automobiles? The answer if you need to to spell it out for you is NO! It simply means that is my taste in my vehicles. If you think I'm a thug or if you think I smoke dope because of the way my car looks your delusional, ignorant, and completely off target in your statement. I've been active duty military for the past 12 years. So before you start with your ridiculous statements check your tongue.

Jason

I have only two years of "college". I am simply a natural at technology and communications architecture. I have managed to educate myself to the level of being a large scale communications systems engineer. I am the lead designer on multiple DOJ, PD, County and public safety oriented deployments.

I see allot of thugs and just riffraff in my line of work as we deploy communications all over the US and we inadvertently have to spend a fair amount of time in rough neighborhoods, where I see tons of people riding around hiding low behind half rolled down blacked out windows.

I have to work at street level from time to time while these types of people roll by with blacked out windows peeking over them and I wonder if they would like to do harm to me or rob me of my tools and equipment or simply mess me up for being in their area.

I think people serving this country in the military are most respectable.

You probably do not concern your self with regular old thugs and riffraff because you are a trained professional capable of handling your self against much worse, and to you, they probably do not pose a threat.

To me these people are threatening and dangerous.

So, blacked out windows make me think about thugs.

What is your highest accomplished education level? Let me explain something to you pal.. I have a 68 Dart and a 06 Charger, both are tinted, both are black cars and both have after market chrome wheels. Does this mean I'm a thug or that I drive "ghetto" automobiles? The answer if you need to to spell it out for you is NO! It simply means that is my taste in my vehicles. If you think I'm a thug or if you think I smoke dope because of the way my car looks your delusional, ignorant, and completely off target in your statement. I've been active duty military for the past 12 years. So before you start with your ridiculous statements check your tongue.

Jason

I say tint... I thought it looked cool with your Duster especially with that color..

This thread has gotten friggen ridiculous..........MOP, I love your car.

Here's mine w/ "Ghetto" tint and big wheels too. :rambo:

Attachments

• 11-8-10 Almost Done 006 (Small).jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 75
-
Back