Today's WTF were they thinking??????

-
If the 318/727/8-3/4 are in good condition, it might be worth the price. I'd offer $1500.00 strip off the offending sheet metal, replace it with stock stuff, and make a decent driver.
All the glass, and the interior seems to be in tact, as is the drive train, and I suppose the electricals. It's just that cosmetic garbage that needs to go.

It's a typical ghetto garbage custom. All sheet metal.

If the 318/727/8-3/4 are in good condition, it might be worth the price. I'd offer $1500.00 strip off the offending sheet metal, replace it with stock stuff, and make a decent driver.
All the glass, and the interior seems to be in tact, as is the drive train, and I suppose the electricals. It's just that cosmetic garbage that needs to go.

pretty hard to reverse a chopped top.

interesting use of bumpers, looks like the original front was put on the back and the one used on front is from a 57 Desoto. very wierd!

strip off the offending sheet metal, replace it with stock stuff, .

Better look again. That entire body has been raped. The trunk lid has been cut and rewelded, and I don't know WTF they did with the quarters and rear panel. This would be a major rework to get the BODY back to original, and that's just the stuff you can SEE

On a bright note, it does have a .....................tranny..................

Attachments

• tranny.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 305
Better look again. That entire body has been raped. The trunk lid has been cut and rewelded, and I don't know WTF they did with the quarters and rear panel. This would be a major rework to get the BODY back to original, and that's just the stuff you can SEE

I don't think rape is too strong of a word for it.
Oh, the inhumanity.

You might have a pair of doors and a rear bumper by the time you strip off the offending sheet metal.

yeah but they might be crusty under all that cheese , I can't figure out if he wanted a Jaguar or a Riviera and I don't think he could either .

I think you guys are over-reacting... I think the brake-light switch may be useable still!

That second picture looking head on! The car looks like a monkey! XD

OK nuff the bull. Rip off the body, save floor pan, and unit frame rails, and all drive train. Scrap the body (YEP I said it) START OVER, get a good Sate. body OR Road Runner body and go on with the rebuild, I know some guys, (my Dad being one of them) who have re-done such disasters over the years.........I'd bet $1500 CASH or have a back up and have $1800 cash on hand would take that car! This is IF the drive train is as he says it is and drivable and in good shape!

I "Was" going to eat dinner until I saw this photo. Hideous ...LOL

Sad to think how much time somebody spent thinking they were making an improvement. I can appreciate the hours of work that went into this thing. Just not the result.

And I struggle to get my dart back together and someone has the time for....uh...this?

Sad to think how much time somebody spent thinking they were making an improvement. I can appreciate the hours of work that went into this thing. Just not the result.

The REALLY sad thing is that if I had pulled up to some body shop with that mess parked there, and found out the main body "guy" did all that, I'd be goin' somewhere else!!!!

-
Back