Tool jackpot!

-

53ryder

Reaction score
Last week I bought a 1965 Dart, 2-door post. Something in the back of my head said go look for some old tool boxes my dad had. He passed in 1985 but I kept these tool boxes and buried them in the back of my garage. One in particular said "tune-up" on the outside in a faded black marker. I opened it up and found a Tune-up Analyzer, with instruction book. Love the price! It has tune-up specs for most cars from about the mid 60's to the mid 70's. Found a timing light, a compression gauge with some fittings and a remote starter. Wow! All these years I've kept this stuff without knowing why! What does work can be used on my Dart....now I know why I kept this stuff. Thanks dad!

Glenn

Attachments

• IMG_4170.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_4174.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_4171.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_4172.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_4173.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 335
Very nice. I have some old school stuff myself. Best thing is they still work after all these years, not like some of the cheap crap sold today. Being able to use some of your Dad's old tools is priceless.

Very cool. I just moved my grandfathers Sears set, similar to this from an old tool box today. Not quite as sophisticated as yours though.

That is cool. Very sentimental. A practical gift from beyond. When my dad passed (didnt know him very well), I packed a bunch of his tools into big bins really quickly when his wife wanted all the garage vacated. I open a bin each year to get some surprise gifts from a time and place beyond the veil of the afterlife :)

Bingo! You win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are what you need to keep your old Dart tuned up and runnin' good! Nice score. tmm

-
Back