Top 10 largest automotive recalls

-

mikedevore

Reaction score
I just read an article called "The top ten largest automtive recalls".
There wasn't a Chrysler product in the top ten.

That list is dominated by Ford & GM with a couple Jap cars thrown in for good measure. Wait, are we talking about recalls or NASCAR?

wow I thought toyota 2010 and gm would have been the tops but then again gm never fixed their death trap trucks just offered a 1,000 off a new one.
I just assumed the truc kgas tank location recall would have made that list.

wow I thought toyota 2010 and gm would have been the tops but then again gm never fixed their death trap trucks just offered a 1,000 off a new one.
I just assumed the truc kgas tank location recall would have made that list.

That was not a recall. Dateline NBC showed a clip of a truck exploding from a side impact. Turns out the truck was rigged to explode, but the damage was done. Owners flocked to sue GM, but GM actually sued NBC for defamation and won, making them apologize on the air and admit it was a hoax. I'm not one to defend GM, but the lack of responibility in the media is BS and I'm glad they got caught!

I had two vehicles involved in those recalls. Still have both of them. The 2000 Silverado was recalled for faulty tail gate cables. The original ones were rubber coated steel, and would rust out, and could break. I didn't experience any breakage, but when I went to the Chevy dealer to have the old cables replaced, It took about 20 minutes, they asked no questions, and I didn't even have to sign anything. They only wanted the VIN of the truck. I still have the truck, it has about a quarter million miles on it, and I still run it daily with my company. The replacement cables are rubber coated Stainless steel. I asked for a second set, and the guy just handed them to me, still in the plastic bags. I have them in the glove box of the truck.

The other recalled vehicle I still have is a 94 Ford Chateau Club wagon. I got it new, it has about 200K miles on it, now. Still looks and runs great. The recall was on the speed control. Dropped it off on the way to a job site, they gave me a loaner vehicle, and I picked it up on the way home. No issues, no hassles. Speed control works great.

My old 1976 Aspen was recalled for Rusting Fenders, too. Took it back to the dealer they made an appointment for me to bring it back when the front Fenders were in, They replaced them. Needed to leave the car for about 4 days.

All three vehicles were purchased new. I sold the Aspen in 1977. It wasn't a very reliable car. I purchased a Dodge truck, that ran and worked great.

-
Back