Top 20 Rarest Muscle Cars

-
nice to see ma mopars on there, my uncle has a 1970 roadrunner PANTHER PINK convertible with white top and black interior 3 of 3 car

More proof that Mopars RULE. Like we needed any more.

I am going to disagree with some of the numbers there. I am pretty sure a few of them are wrong and I know of a few cars that are even less production than some of the ones listed.

Cool list, it is just too bad the rarity tag has to go to Hemi's all the time in Mopar world.

i agree, when i'm at a large cruise 300 to 400 cars their always seem to be several hemi B and E bodys there, not always originals, but im almost always the only Demon 340 there :toothy10:

Nice list!

It has been about 25 years ago, but I knew of one of the 67 Hemi R/T Convertibles, setting in a back yard, out in Ulysses, KS. I got to be pretty good friends with the old Dodge dealer there, and he had it. Wouldn't turn loose of it though, but he did show me a picture.

I had always heard that the 68 383 4 speed Dart Convertibles, were extremely low production. In fact, an owner of one I knew in Kansas, told me his was one of 4.
I found it kind of fun when I told him, that one of my Navy buddies in Norfolk, Va in 1971 had a red one, with black guts, and I rode in it a few times.

i agree, when i'm at a large cruise 300 to 400 cars their always seem to be several hemi B and E bodys there, not always originals, but im almost always the only Demon 340 there :toothy10:
You are right on Target! I was the only Demon 340 (or other Demon model) at the Car Craft Nationals in St. Paul this year out of approximately 3000 or more cars.

I know that it is debatable if this is a "muscle" car. But there were only nine 1970 charger 500 slant six cars built. As for 1970 coronet hard top hemi's, there where coronet R/T Hemi cars and I know there where more than they stated made. Maybe when I have some time, I will work to make an accurate top 20 rarest 65-75 mopars list.

I'm not so sure of those numbers either. Some seem a bit off. Also, why isn't the '66 Coronet 4dr hemi car on the list? I saw one of them in the Don Garlits museum and there is supposed to be only one other. Just because it's a 4dr doen't mean it's not a muscle car!

Hmm they forgot Australias Ford Falcon XA GTHO Phase IV-only 4 produced ever and now only three surviving-only one road car was ever produced, the other three being race cars (the race and road legal cars were identical as per the race regulations at the time that 200 road legal cars were to be produced). Unfortunately due to a newspaper report of 160 mph street legal muscle cars in 1972, the muscle car died in Australia. These were factory prototypes sold to the public.

http://www.gtho4.com/

Oh and the one road car was the only one of the 200 to make it off the production line and be sold

I am going to disagree with some of the numbers there. I am pretty sure a few of them are wrong and I know of a few cars that are even less production than some of the ones listed.

I agree, some of those numbers are just not accurate. There are a lot of these type of lists out there, rarest cars, fastest cars, quickest cars etc. and it seems that the people that make them up just don't do their homework before they print them.

Don't forget the 64 S/S Hemi hardtop. According to Dodge 1 of NONE made. All 50 were supposed to be 2 dr sedans.

very cool im glad to see that theres mostly mopars on that list!

I'll throw my 2 cents in. Barracuda formula s 383 convertibles
1967 - 9 or 11 produced depending on a couple of different reports
1969 - 16 produced.
The 1968 that I just acquired is a little less rare at 64 produced (40 4spds, 24 autos)

1971 Hemi GTX. I thought there were only 11, or maybe that was the 4 spd version. I can't remember. I wish there were not any Mopars on the list. If they were not so rare maybe they would be a little more affordable.

Cool list. When I used to be able to find Mopar Collectors Guide, I used to get a kick out of how they made every car a 1 of 1, example the only Hemi Superbird with the deluxe seat belt package. My theory is that my 67 Dart Convertible is 1 of 1 as it is (or should be) the only car with that specific vin number.

Many will disagree with me on this but thats ok.I consider this a fine Mopar 90s muscle car,1 of 181 total production for 93 and fully documented as 1 of 17 white Iroc R/Ts.The best part is they don't cost what those others cost and is extremly fast and handles and brakes incredible.Oh and by the way I drive it all the time,I don't believe in trailer queens.
I still love my 2 Cuda's also and will say that the sound of a V8 is pure excitement.But when it's 90 degrees out I reach for the Iroc keys,still on the factory ac charge and it will freeze you right out.

000_2147.jpg

-
Back