Top speeds

-
I went over 150mph in a 1983 Dodge Mirada running 6psi of boost, 2.76 gears and a 518 OD trans. I was paced by a friends mustang with a 150 speedo. We stayed in it for along time and my top end was alot higher than his. The Mirada was no where near as stable as the mustang at triple digit speeds.

On a different 'encounter' with a 'mustang', while traveling well above 150mph, the simulated convertable top with fiberglass cap blew off the Mirada. LOL

I find that around 85 90 I get a horrendus wind sound from either my door or window. Curse you 40 year old weather stripping!

First trip with my new 360 in my '70 Duster I had to try not to go over 100 on the highway LOL. I had it up around 115 the next highway trip and that was with a severely out-of-whack alignment (pulled to the left pretty hard). Now with the better tune and aligned front end I should be able to hit at least 140, I'm scared to go any faster until I get new rear springs and new shocks all around. The 1" T-bars are GREAT though it is FAR more stable at high speeds than with the stock ones.

First trip out in the 2011 Challenger RT with 6 spd manual about 1/2 mile from the dealer was US10. New 6 speed with Sirius radio playing Black Sabbath I could not resist a 110+ slow pull. My wife and kid in the car and neither of them felt the need to think we were going too fast. Man that car is smooth at speed. (pic from that day)

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 97
185mph @ 8500rpm in a Stage 6 tuned Eclipse GSX on race gas and 20 psi
On the A60 Autobahn between Bitburg and Spangdahlem Germany.

160 on a 90's ZX7 Ninja
145 on a 75' KZ900

I have a desire to touch 200mph in a street legal car....:prayer:
Hasnt happened yet....and wont....for awhile.

It takes 800ft lbs of torque to go 200mph in a 3000lb car.

and its funny my 4 cylinder car was faster than most sports cars compared

165 mph + on a late night and a wide open highway..waaaay before camera's lol..

-
Back