Torsion Bars unbalanced?

-

Dingos Garage

Reaction score
I just completed a torsion bar socket frame cap project where I took the torsion bar and its rear socket out and welded the socket back in with a new frame cap I got from Classic Industries. I put it all back together and the ride height adjustment bolt is completely different on the side I welded compared to the original side. The arm coming out of the lower control arm that the ride height bolt goes into is in a completely different spot. I got the car leveled out despite this but there is a strange creaking and clunking noise coming from the torsion bar socket. What is going on/What did I do wrong? How should I repair the problem?

Thanks

Sounds like you put bars back in backwards, on wrong sides, or got "something" clocked wrong. The bars have a correct orientation. Once they've been run they do not need to swap sides, either. Just a few things to check on. Other than being there, that's all I got.

1. the numbers go toward the rear.
2. stock bars are pretwisted 30 degrees: twisted clockwise go on passenger side, CCL twist goes on left (looking at twist from the backs of the bars)
3. Odd number-driver side, even number passenger...99.9%* of the time on a Mopar
4. paint marks: 1 right-2 left (* seems backwards from odd even part numbering)

tbor01.jpg

2. stock bars are pretwisted 30 degrees: twisted clockwise go on passenger side, CCL twist goes on left (looking at twist from the backs of the bars)
3. Odd number-driver side, even number passenger...99.9%* of the time on a Mopar

View attachment 1715386684

Wow, is that a nice little drawing to have around. Thanks for sharing!

View attachment 1715386684

Wow, is that a nice little drawing to have around. Thanks for sharing!

Yes thanks for the info. I bookmarked your post.

-
Back