Trans Crossmember bolts?

-

SSing

Reaction score
Hi,
I was looking for these bolts and nuts, but what is correct for my ´68 A-Body?
If remember correct the first pic, but on the other hand, I thing that nut with washer was used on some of my earlier cars...
Need your help, and thank you for taking the time.
20180511_142658.jpg

s-l1600[3].jpg

The 69 and older used a thicker bolt than the later A's and the head is 3/4 socket.

Do they even use washers? IIRC on my 65 is was a big old shoulder nut on a naked bolt. may have changed to washers later.

Are you worried about it not holding your transmission up in the car or are you worried a Concours judge may Nik you for a couple points?

Are you worried about it not holding your transmission up in the car or are you worried a Concours judge may Nik you for a couple points?

Ha ha Buddy, there is no Concourse Judge alive to do a fair judgement of my car when I´m done... As a mater of fact I´m gonna use only two of the bolts since this was usually how they where on the race track back in the day... And I´m talking about the ´68 SS Hemi A-Bodies if you have heard of those ... but thank you for your concern.
20170806 two bolt trans CM.jpg

Ha ha Buddy, there is no Concourse Judge alive to do a fair judgement of my car when I´m done... As a mater of fact I´m gonna use only two of the bolts since this was usually how they where on the race track back in the day... And I´m talking about the ´68 SS Hemi A-Bodies if you have heard of those ... but thank you for your concern.
View attachment 1715175028
Yes that looks like a good idea back in the day those young men we're probably thinking they could lose weight and also ease of R&R? Me being an older man now if I was building that for Nostalgia sake I might just throw the extra two volts in. I know it would be as replica as it could be, but...
Nope, never heard of a 68 ss hemi a body.
I didn't mean to mislead you thinking I was concerned. I was just sayin... I usually save my concerns for the poor guy trying to get his slant 6 running to get to his Burgerville job not for guys like us puzzling together our play toys.

Yes that looks like a good idea back in the day those young men we're probably thinking they could lose weight and also ease of R&R? Me being an older man now if I was building that for Nostalgia sake I might just throw the extra two volts in. I know it would be as replica as it could be, but...
I didn't mean to mislead you thinking I was concerned. I was just sayin... I usually save my concerns for the poor guy trying to get his slant 6 running to get to his Burgerville job not for guys like us puzzling together our play toys.

Don´t say that. It´s a good sign to care about other peoples safety. Maybe I use all four too when the day come.
The sole reason was to save on wrenching time.

BTW do you know what would be correct on a ´68 A-Body?

Don´t say that. It´s a good sign to care about other peoples safety. Maybe I use all four too when the day come.
The sole reason was to save on wrenching time.

BTW do you know what would be correct on a ´68 A-Body?
Lol- not a clue.

-
Back