Trans fluid $$$???

-
Ag hydraulic fluid for tractors?
Bah.. can't recall.. my memory is absolute ****.. big yellow bucket.. a few guys here posted that they use it without issue.. i was just curious as the cost of fluids makes me sad inside

I could swear someone here mentioned (In a old thread) about using some industrial hydraulic fluid as trans fluid and it's insanely cheap... can't remember the name though.. type 401 or something?
I would be very leery of that. Hydraulic oil has additives in it that can eat certain types of seals and cause massive leaks

You've been around here as much as anybody, I think you know what/who I meant.....

I’m looking at replacing the transmission pan on my Scamp with one that has a drain plug. I’ve already pulled the trigger on a new pan so at some point this year I will replace the pan. I looked at buying fluid and was a little startled at how much the fluid costs now. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t as expensive a few years ago.

Gotta pay to play, right? Hopefully a certain member on here doesn’t jump in this thread to highjack it about why he hasn’t found a Dart yet to buy!

I found bungs cheap for a 1/4" pipe plug, and I weld them in myself.
I've used 1/2" fine thread nuts and short stubby bolts before too, a gasket/washer for a 1/2" oil pan drain plug is the same size and common as dirt... Cheaper and just as good as buying a pan that comes with one.
Unless that is, yours is bashed or rotted and needs replaced anyway. Oxy acetylene and a coat hanger or flux coated brazing rod works good for attaching the nut to the pan if you don't have a MIG

I found bungs cheap for a 1/4" pipe plug, and I weld them in myself.
Yes but you still need the drain the fluid to get the bung in and it’s not like I changed the fluid last year.

So it needs done anyway?
I have a non lockup 904 in my b body fury that's getting weak and needs to come out....
At least I can use plain dexron in that one when the time comes......

So it needs done anyway?
I have a non lockup 904 in my b body fury that's getting weak and needs to come out....
At least I can use plain dexron in that one when the time comes......
Yup, it’s time to change the fluid anyway.

If the oil co. does not make enough profitin gas they will in lubes!
Actually, gasoline is not a high profit product for refiners....but yes, lube oils are. They do make decent money on gasoline just because of the high volume but specialty fuels do make them plenty of dollars.
My wife says I'm anal because I put lids back on the mayo jar!!!! She can not put a lid on anything! :thumbsup:
My X couldn't even hang a roll of turlet paper!! How in the world did she did jewelry work is beyond me.

I sent a pm because of micromanaging mods....
How about just following the F***g rules and you won't have Mods watching your every post.

Thinly disguised items for sale in the General Forums.

Again and again and again....

No, not me/ / the mods that drive me nuts.... Over Petty BS. And I've had PMs with others that are being driven crazy by it as well ... It seems like it's mostly one in particular, but showing by your posts on the subject I'm guessing you're a partner in his crime?
His lookout maybe... Snitch... Rat..... maybe????

No, not me/ / the mods that drive me nuts.... Over Petty BS. And I've had PMs with others that are being driven crazy by it as well ... It seems like it's mostly one in particular, but showing by your posts on the subject I'm guessing you're a partner in his crime?
I’d let it go bud. Just gone draw more attention to yourself on it. You could also take it up with Joey if you wanted

Maybe you need to have a good long hard look at yourself first, before assuming the Mods are out to get you.

Follow the rules and you won't have any problems.

Act like an asshole, and call out Mods for doing their duty, and you have people crawling all over you.

Pretty much off topic now….. but ATF+4 is $5.40 a qt at the dealer i work at.

Yep I went thru the same thing recently. It's expensive! Don't use anything but atf4 in the re transmissions tho. I bought a ram with a burnt up transmission it was a 42re only had 40k miles on it. The guy couldn't figure out why it went bad so fast when I towed it home I found a empty jug and a half empty jug of dexron behind the seat!

Yep I went thru the same thing recently. It's expensive! Don't use anything but atf4 in the re transmissions tho. I bought a ram with a burnt up transmission it was a 42re only had 40k miles on it. The guy couldn't figure out why it went bad so fast when I towed it home I found a empty jug and a half empty jug of dexron behind the seat!
Oops!

I run +4 in the rh transmissions too....and think it's the only reason my 95 is still hanging in there.

-
Back