transmission guys, need a little help

-
what determines the "type 1" and "type 2" ? are these in the kit or is it the type of transmission? i was under the impression that all 727s are the same internally. it will be simple for me to get the diameter of the spacer, but i need to know how tall it is

Type 1 was the type of servo used before 67. Type 2 is a 67 and up servo.

Thank you Tracy. yes , i still have the PDF's you sent me. i was having a hard time understanding exactly what they are showing, but i see that there is a spacer. is there anyway of finding out the exact size of it? i can make one very easily.

The spacer is 1/2" i.d. by 3/4" o.d. by 1/4" thick.

do i need the 5/16 plug? and is the circled spacer the one we are talking about?

You just need the spacer. Not the plug

the rear band is already at 3 turns out. i guess im just going to put it back together and hope it doesnt blow up.

That's pretty loose. The issue is you probably need the spacer. It's possible someone drilled out the valve body spacer plate to make the 1-2 shift firmer without doing the spacer mod.

Sorry I couldn't be around the computer much today to help. Was finishing up a 727 rebuild for a buddy. PM me and I'll send you my ph. # so you can call any time.

There are two different gears . Low and then first. If you pull out in low and shift you will get overlap as you call it. Try pulling out in drive (first gear) and before it shifts on its own pull it back to low then shift second . you'll feel the difference. Low gear select is low band apply. drive is first gear.

Uhh, NO. There are not 2 different low gears. The only difference is when you pull the shifter down in low it applies the rear band. That happens anytime you pull the shifter down in low at any speed. If you pull out in drive then pull it down into low it applies the rear band so it'd still bindup/overlap.

if youd like i can dig through my motors manuals and give you pressure specifications so you can tap into the servo with a gauge via the 1/8th in. pipe plug and see what pressures your running and when it releases. if thats something you want to heckle with. might give you an idea of what to chase. its one of those "sinchuwas" deals where since you was there might as well test the governor pressure and make sure it all jives. I had the 1-2 shift piston stick in the valve body once due to improper torquing of the body to trans case. Ive been told the bodies are a very soft aluminum, and id believe it too.

Sounds like your tranny has a shift kit in it. I had this same problem last year. That spacer and a stiffer rear servo spring solved my troubles. I wish I could remember the thickness of the spacer. Those couple parts from the transgo kit would most likely solve your problems. Do you have another 727 laying around with a stock valve body you could swap into it? That would be an easy fix also.

i wish i did, no such luck. i really dont want to spend 50 or 60 bucks for just a spacer. i wish someone around here has one they could measure for me. its all good , thanks for your reply. maybe down the road i will buy a kit for it.

I think you may need to do something with the large servo spring. The one I installed was a lot stiff than the stock one so it will slow down the servo.

i wish i did, no such luck. i really dont want to spend 50 or 60 bucks for just a spacer. i wish someone around here has one they could measure for me. its all good , thanks for your reply. maybe down the road i will buy a kit for it.

You must have missed my last entry where I gave you the dimensions and answered your question about the type 1 and type 2 servo's. Look at post # 26

BTW: someone had a partial Trans-go kit in the for sale ads a few days ago for $40 shipped. He put in a couple pieces from it in his 904 and had the spacer and 727 parts left. Don't know if that'd interest you, just thought I'd mention it.

You must have missed my last entry where I gave you the dimensions and answered your question about the type 1 and type 2 servo's. Look at post # 26

BTW: someone had a partial Trans-go kit in the for sale ads a few days ago for $40 shipped. He put in a couple pieces from it in his 904 and had the spacer and 727 parts left. Don't know if that'd interest you, just thought I'd mention it.

thanks again Tracy, i completely missed it. ive been having internet service problems and it keeps popping in and out. thas what i needed to know , i hit your thanks button again :D

thanks again Tracy, i completely missed it. ive been having internet service problems and it keeps popping in and out. thas what i needed to know , i hit your thanks button again :D

Glad to help Lance. I figured something must have happened since you asked again. Good luck.

-
Back