truck project "mo-door"

-

dmopar74

Reaction score
just started this project this week, 73 crew cab with a 4sp that is getting slammed and will be rolling on 17" black cragar soft 8's. contemplating on what color to paint it, have even though about panther pink with black hood/tailgait and hockey puck stripes down the sides, but then again not shure i want to drive a big pink truck and explain why its pink to non mopar purists. this is the first 4dr old dodge ive seen lowered so should be fairly unique. sorta came up with the name mo-door, what you think?

modoor036.jpg

modoor035.jpg

modoor037.jpg

To make your ride a little less harsh I would try to find some half ton suspension for it. I always thought about doin a Dodge but never came across the right truck.

I think it's neat. Gonna be a rough ride but who cares, just make sure everything is tight.

as far as wheel options go though, yeah the 5 lug would be nice. the front springs are plent soft, the rear i will have to play with the leaves.

Interesting project while lowered trucks are not my thing
full size Dodges come out looking pretty good. Join Ramcharger Central for all the Truck stuff you could want/need. Be sure to check in the Chapters area to find local folks, I'm sure you will find someone who would trade the 1/2 Ton stuff for your 1 Ton parts this would open up a lot more options on wheels for you and get someone the HD stuff for wheeling/towing. There are 2 threads over there that definitely interest you This one on Lowering truck's and this Lowered 78 which is one of the nicest done trucks I have seen Lowered or not.

And my Crew just for effect :-D

MVC-3.jpg

Panther Pink would be awesome on that! Would definitely be different but I like it. I wanted to do my Dart Panther Pink, but my wife isn't having any of that. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this one, cool project.

I gotta say, stay away from pink on a truck. Otherwise, it looks like a cool project and I think the hockey stripes are a great idea.

yeah dont think pink would be right on the truck. right now im set on keeping the 3/4t gear, after all it is a big *** truck that will see plenty of truck duty work, just a little closer to the ground.

Cool project, I have a '72 W100 shortbed truck and love the 72-80 body style trucks. Please ditch the ford mirrors though...lol

Pink = Owens Corning PINK insulation.
We had one of their reps driving a pink truck around these parts for a while. When I say him I always told him it looks more like Pepto to me.

Hey, join this site http://www.sweptline.org/

I'm restoring a 68 Sweptline, factory 383. Color......Go Mango / Vit. C Orange. Ready for final paint now, looking at about a month to having on the road.

Jim (JimsRatRod on sweptline)

Please ditch the ford mirrors though...lol

will do in good time.

truth be told i have $200 invested in this truck so far(traded a car i got for free for it!), and $175 of that was for a full rear flip kit with shocks. right now its goona be my slammed rat rod truck.

ohh and i got some smaller tires mounted on the front today:cheers:

Just read that you still wanna use it as something to haul stuff around. Never mind then about the bagged truck, haha.

here's my 78, lowered a bunch but not so low its useless. rides awesome.

IMG_0067.JPG

-
Back