TTI exhaust

-

bananayellow

72demon
Reaction score
thinking of installing TTI exhaust on my 71 demon 340 4sp... what have the pros and cons been for those who have installed this system?

I'm a TTI dealer and have 3 of their systems on my Dart. Currently, I have a 3" H pipe, 18" 3" mufflers and 2.5" tails blown up by TTI to fit into the 3" muffler. I like the H pipe as it fits with my Metco one piece driveshaft safety loop. The X pip does not allow this. Both H and H pipes could be tucked tighter to the floor pan, but that's my only minor complaint. On the whole, their systems fit great. If you have a 4 speed, spend the extra to get their modified Z bar, I did.

Fit on tti stuff is good except for the z bar.

If you can weld, mod the z bar, it's really easy to alter.

I just finished installing a set of 2" primary long tube headers on my 71 440-4 speed dart.
The fit was less than perfect, but with a few adjustments (big hammer) and motor shims plus massaging the steering box holes it fits.
They look good and hope they work like expected, cause it was a lot of work.
The down side was, up here in Canada expect to pay about twice the on-line price.
The shipping, duty, brokerage and exchange adds up to almost the cost of the headers, or at least mine did.
Maybe I got taken for a bit of a ride though. I don't think you ever know.
Yes the modified "Z" fit well, but like earlier said, if I had to do it again, I would cut and weld the one I had to make it fit.
But for first time doing it I wanted to make it easier.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

Inertia here on FABO is also a dealer for them here in BC , Pm him about getting the best price and any fitting questions .Stay away from the clown they have listed as the Authorized Dealer here in BC will gouge you .

I like the facts that there are no pipes below the steering, and the starter is not held captive.
The fit in my 68 Barracuda, with as 70 Duster K and rally suspension, was pretty good. Of course the driver's side was not a direct fit. But I made it work. If you think you might drive them in the winter, I suggest ceramic coating them. Mine went through 3 winters, and it killed the weldment between the pipes and the collector at the merge;exactly where the saltwater sits.Now I have to patch-weld that area every two or three years.They are however 16.5 years old this spring, and still on the original flange gaskets.
The 3 inch front to rear pipes fit very well, even with my slightly narrowed rear and the 3/4 inch offset kit.The hangers and clamps are way overkill. I ordered mine with Dynomaxers and turndowns. Those mufflers are very nice.Quiet when they should be,no drone, and really wail at 7000.
I've never regretted the purchase.Pricey yes; But still going; into year 17.

Tti340a-c5 sold to me by Wes at Mancini over 800.00 bucks with shipping it was closer to 900.00 they fit like **** on my 70 duster 340 4-speed.pretty ceramic coated turds.go buy dougs

Tti340a-c5 sold to me by Wes at Mancini over 800.00 bucks with shipping it was closer to 900.00 they fit like **** on my 70 duster 340 4-speed.pretty ceramic coated turds.go buy dougs

Same headers fit friggin perfect on my 71 Demon, 4 speed. My engine is sitting where it should be, though. TTI warns you about this from the get go.

Honestly.... it's so tiring hearing guys bash TTI. Their motor and tranny mounts are crushed, uni body all friggin bent up and twisted. No wonder **** don't fit.....

Yeah. They're expensive.

What AJ said about being above the steering linkage.
Just installed exhaust pipes in my 69 dart 340.

Fit like a glove just need to loose T the big starter to get a littl wiggle room.

Same headers fit friggin perfect on my 71 Demon, 4 speed. My engine is sitting where it should be, though. TTI warns you about this from the get go.

Honestly.... it's so tiring hearing guys bash TTI. Their motor and tranny mounts are crushed, uni body all friggin bent up and twisted. No wonder **** don't fit.....

Yeah. They're expensive.

Agreed,and would like to add that we should not forget how horribe the tolerances where on these cars in the first place.

Yeah the Dak starter fits in there nice, and has a ton of torque. I recommend to remove the adapter bus on there tho, it puts the cable connections in a tough to reach spot, and a bit closer to the heat.It's just a bolt-on piece;easy-peasy to get rid of.

I have Doug's on the 340 in my Duster. They fit fine. Like the TTI's they stay above the steering link, and from what I understand are actually a little tighter to the floor than the TTI's. The Doug's need the same modified Z-bar as the TTI's, I modified a stock one myself, it's not that bad.

The only fit issues I have with the Doug's come from my 1.12" torsion bars. I needed a couple of small dents to clear them. With smaller bars it wouldn't be an issue. I also have a later spool mount K, so there's no adjusting where the engine sits. With a biscuit mount K I might have been able to work a little magic with some shims.

Bottom line on any header in these cars is that the factory tolerances on these cars are not spectacular. What fits one car might not fit another one off the same assembly line. So, when it comes to how tight the headers have to fit there are bound to be some differences, and a small dent or ding here and there is pretty much the norm.

As for the rest of my exhaust, I just have a 2.5" kit from Summit. It fit great, even though it's not intended to fit the Doug's (it was designed for hooker headers). I had to shorten up a few of the pipes by 3-4" to get the bends where I wanted them, but since it's a generic kit for both 108" and 111" wheelbase cars that's not all that surprising. And for $250 it's a steal.

thanks guys... I have ordered a set... yes pricey with the way our dollar is to the US$ but sounds like it is worth it... will let you know on the fit when done :)

-
Back