TTI Headers

-

321Scamp

Reaction score
I ordered my headers from Mancini last week and they came today. Now I can start my custom 2.5'' kit that I bought earlier. I have seen in other post that following the instrutions is the way to go. Is there any other tips or tricks to help ease the installation process?

Give youself plenty of time and follow the instructions. I put them on mine and the driver side, even with slip tube, is a XC!)^% pain in the ***.

shg340 is correct,following the instructions is a good idea.One thing that worked well for me and saved a little time was to drop the pitman and idler arms.That will give you a little more room to work.Good Luck

i put the plasticbags they came in on the headers when i installed them to avoid doing any damage to the coating and to keep them as clean as possible,
i put the bag on so it whas easy to take it of from the top. it may bee overkill but it helps when installing them alone in a small and dirty garage

Thank for the info. I am going to start the instillation tomorrow and since I have the rest of the week off, hopefully get the whole exhaust system made and put on by Sunday.

Will keep y'all posted!

I have an open car trailer that has an open center area. It put the chassis about 21+" higher than sitting on the ground. That may have helped me get my headers on without removing any of the steering components.

The driver's side is the harder one of the two and I needed to raise the engine off the mounts at least a few inches. Also had to fight the trans cooler lines. Starter naturally needs to be removed.

The passenger side was much easier. The filter and, if you have one, the 90* adapter needs to be removed. But the TTI headers don't require the 90* adapter!

You will probably need to turn the wheels back and forth during installation to find the most clearance to slip them up from the bottom for both sides.

If you have torsion bar clearance problems, you will likely need new engine and/or trans mounts. As they age, wear and deteriorate, they do sag. The trans mount can be shimmed up a bit.

-
Back