Tti Pictures!!!!!

-
66dartgt said:
Wow !! those are cool headers. Now I wished I hadnt bought the Laysons shorties I've already got. But on the other hand, the TTI headers sure look like a pain to install.

My TTI's weren't to hard to install. In the instructions that come with the headers, there are some measurements that you have to take from the inner fender to the center of the crank to make sure the engine is in a certain possition and the headers will slide right in. The trick is having the car high enough off the ground to tilt the headers up enough. Found this out taking them out again to pull the mill to build the 416.

Another nice thing about the tti's is there ceramic coating with the thermal barrier on the inside. I'm SO glad I spent the extra money and got this. The advantage of this over stock manifolds is night and day. After running on average of 250+ miles at speeds averaging in the 90 mph range (that's around 4000 rpm sustained in my car), I could hold onto the headers 10 minutes after I shut it off. The valve covers were hotter than the headers!! Plus as you can see in my signiture, there is no ground clearence issues with these headers.:thumbup:

6t9GTS,
Congrats on the easy install. I'm still left wondering about the process on the _early_ A-Body cars like my '64ragtop. You had something over an inch more room on both sides, compared to the '63 - 66 cars. The instructions that A-Body Joe posted at the top of the thread call for pulling the torsion bars on the early cars, then "threading the needle" to get the t-bars back through the headers. They also call for dropping the steering center link. That really shouldn't be too tough on a hoist. Probably somewhat trickier on jack stands in my driveway, though that's what the instructions call for.

64ragtop said:
6t9GTS,
Congrats on the easy install. I'm still left wondering about the process on the _early_ A-Body cars like my '64ragtop. You had something over an inch more room on both sides, compared to the '63 - 66 cars. The instructions that A-Body Joe posted at the top of the thread call for pulling the torsion bars on the early cars, then "threading the needle" to get the t-bars back through the headers. They also call for dropping the steering center link. That really shouldn't be too tough on a hoist. Probably somewhat trickier on jack stands in my driveway, though that's what the instructions call for.

i've also heard something about problems with starters... not sure if you just need a mini starter or something smaller...

abodyjoe said:
i've also heard something about problems with starters... not sure if you just need a mini starter or something smaller...

I'm new here, but I'll put in my 2 cents. I spoke to TTI at Spring Fling last weekend. They gave me an information sheet on these headers. It states that the Mopar mini starter fits only with the 10" flywheel. If you have a 10.5" flywheel or an automatic, you must use the Powermaster starter which is still under development.

I asked them if the headers will fit with a Keisler hydraulic clutch actuator and I got the deer-in-the-headlights look. They weren't really familiar with it. I'm hoping to find someone who has installed the headers that will take photos of the clutch pushrod/z-bar area so I can try to determine if it will fit.

Another thing TTI told me is that they expect the headers to be available in June.

Lee
1966 Barracuda 340 4 speed

Here are some pictures I got from TTI showing the top view of the headers as they were being built.

Lee

P2010008sm.JPG

P2010009sm.JPG

P2010012sm.JPG

Have these headers actually been released?
I wonder how they fit on a 360 with Eddy heads?

doctorpimp said:
Have these headers actually been released?
I wonder how they fit on a 360 with Eddy heads?

yes they have been released.. you need a special starter also...

-
Back