TTI shorty headers PROBLEM WILL NOT FIT

-
Shipped back on Wednesday so we'll see how this goes I hope that I do not have to do a charge back on the credit card thinking of doing it anyway as soon as they receive them problem is I didn't buy them direct and I hate to put the seller in the middle I have kept them informed on all of this TTI never responds by email and seldom by phone maybe they don't want a paper trail on their response ?????????????????????

Nothing against TTI or Chicago Connection but due to lack of response from both I have opened a dispute with my credit card company to protect myself

Personally I would have modified the headers to fit, then at least it would be done and on the engine.

Now you are in limbo for an unknown time

Personally I would have modified the headers to fit, then at least it would be done and on the engine.

Now you are in limbo for an unknown time

Let's see here $800 for headers and down pipes then another $300 + for starter that has to be used then beat something up that's suppose to fit not for me yes I'm in limbo but not in a big rush project on hold for now anyway

Let's see here $800 for headers and down pipes then another $300 + for starter that has to be used then beat something up that's suppose to fit not for me yes I'm in limbo but not in a big rush project on hold for now anyway

A small clearancing ding won't hurt your performance , if you were worried about performance you would have bought full length headers.

And no one is ever gonna see the ding any way.

I would have atleast tried double aluminum percy's gaskets before I sent them back.

Old cars are a pain and you have to deal with good and bad, and modify as necessary.

Maybe you don't have the patience for them.

I hope you get this car together , but

Understand, with that kind of coin out. I have had to ding ,the low & medium priced headers before. Nothing new there. Might check out Sanderson & Schumaker headers. I think both make shorties for B/Rb, good luck.

I'll probably go with the Schumaker headers to bad the TTI's didn't fit I really liked them

Well I sent everything back and got a verbal commitment that I will receive full credit. TTI is a good company with a good product I hope they get these redesigned for a low deck

A small clearancing ding won't hurt your performance , if you were worried about performance you would have bought full length headers.

And no one is ever gonna see the ding any way.

I would have atleast tried double aluminum percy's gaskets before I sent them back.

Old cars are a pain and you have to deal with good and bad, and modify as necessary.

Maybe you don't have the patience for them.

I hope you get this car together , but

Small ding is OK but these didn't come close to fitting and I've been there did that on several Mopars and have the patience this is the right side smashed the tube ( not dinged ) and reworked the Schumacher mount so ?????????????????????

Attachments

• DSCF0323.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 481
TTI came through and gave me full credit so that show's me a couple of things - they're a good company and they discovered there was a big problem using these on a low deck

That was mighty white of um.

Good luck getting ones that fit , somebody has to make them

I bought the ones from Schumacher shipping out in a few days trouble with the TTI's is that they are new on the market and apparently they didn't do enough fitting nothing against them at all

The troubling thing about this story is that TTI, as well as their distributors, are still advertising these for sale stating that they fit the short deck block. I was serious about buying these at the beginning of the year until I read this thread.

The troubling thing about this story is that TTI, as well as their distributors, are still advertising these for sale stating that they fit the short deck block. I was serious about buying these at the beginning of the year until I read this thread.

I haven't looked for quite awhile I didn't figure they would update anything with the price of the starter you have to use I would look elsewhere good idea but not on a low deck maybe they figure that not many people are using the low deck

yes. just as mopars get the short end of the stick for performance parts, so do the low decks get an even shorter end of the stick lol. very few intake choices, especially if you go with MW ports on the heads. i dont know if off the shelf headers even exist for a LD with MW ports. for the stock exhaust ports the Schumies fit my heads (eddy rpm), but it's not in the car yet only test fitted at the machine shop. but they did fit the block well (400). hugged it nice.

i dont think there will be problems in the car when i get to that point... i have a shortie starter and HDK with manual steering and manual brakes. i should be able to climb right up in there if i want to

yes. just as mopars get the short end of the stick for performance parts, so do the low decks get an even shorter end of the stick lol. very few intake choices, especially if you go with MW ports on the heads. i dont know if off the shelf headers even exist for a LD with MW ports. for the stock exhaust ports the Schumies fit my heads (eddy rpm), but it's not in the car yet only test fitted at the machine shop. but they did fit the block well (400). hugged it nice. i dont think there will be problems in the car when i get to that point... i have a shortie starter and HDK with manual steering and manual brakes. i should be able to climb right up in there if i want to

Interesting Sounds like my set up - low deck - HDK - mini starter - manual rack and pinion - manual disc all around - 727 tranny with column shift - I'll probably end up with 440 souce heads - schumaker headers

On the side that hit the block couldn't just install a header flange which would push the whole header away from the engine??

Treblig

On the side that hit the block couldn't just install a header flange which would push the whole header away from the engine?? Treblig

WHY should you have to anyway TTI did the correct thing and refunded my money long ago they do make a great product and I would buy from them again but not this header

WHY should you have to anyway TTI did the correct thing and refunded my money long ago they do make a great product and I would buy from them again but not this header

You shouldn't have to. But I was suggesting it for anyone else who might have the same problem but were looking for solution to use the headers they had. Some people don't mind bending and denting their headers... others would rather get the right header. You did the right thing by returning the headers. The company also did the right thing.

Treblig

i have had the schumacker headers on my 383 in my 67 dart when i first built it. i could get them in and out with the standard mini starter in place. i just pulled the steering column out and they dropped right in. no clearance probs at all. i sold them and went with the TTI full length headers and mine fit like a clove! they fit perfect.

This whole thing has been stupid. All of this should have been attended to in house before the product became available. Piss poor management at best.

Especially since AFAIK only the low deck 383s ever came stock in an A-Body. You would think TTi would make the headers to fit the stock configuratin of the cars.

Especially since AFAIK only the low deck 383s ever came stock in an A-Body. You would think TTi would make the headers to fit the stock configuratin of the cars.

Ehhhhhhh....not to nit pick, but the 440 was available in 1969.

-
Back