tubs

-
wanting to mini tub does anyone make ready to install wheelwells for mini tub car projects

Not sure about a direct fit ready to install! Im going to guess No! Split the factory one and move it over. I would think the prep work would be the same regardless as you need to clear room for extra space. I used self tapping screws to hold everything till I welded it.

not sure about a direct fit ready to install! Im going to guess no! Split the factory one and move it over. I would think the prep work would be the same regardless as you need to clear room for extra space. I used self tapping screws to hold everything till i welded it.
x2

If your going to simply split a factory wheel well your not getting all the advantages of a mini tub, the outer wheel well lwill limit the height and stance of the car, sure the tire width may be the same but to keep it from rubbing you have keep the car raised.
Although not a bolt in kit I had a Custom set made out of 16 gauge steel that resembled the factory profile that is only 32" front to rear, unlike the aftermarket ones that are around 20 gauge and 36" wide, so I can still use the rear seat but this elimated the dreaded outer wheel well roll So I can drop the car down lower. This is only true if you want to use the widest tire possible maximizing the entire space.

Attachments

• DSC_0070%20(4).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 375
  • DSC_0098%20(2).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 386
  • DSC_0099%20(3).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 372
  • duster%20004.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 371
  • duster%20005.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 384
  • duster%20006.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 385
  • duster%20007.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 358
  • duster%20036.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 380
The stance is perfect on that car. Great job!

If your going to simply split a factory wheel well your not getting all the advantages of a mini tub, the outer wheel well lwill limit the height and stance of the car, sure the tire width may be the same but to keep it from rubbing you have keep the car raised.
Although not a bolt in kit I had a Custom set made out of 16 gauge steel that resembled the factory profile that is only 32" front to rear, unlike the aftermarket ones that are around 20 gauge and 36" wide, so I can still use the rear seat but this elimated the dreaded outer wheel well roll So I can drop the car down lower. This is only true if you want to use the widest tire possible maximizing the entire space.
dam man I like that whow much are they you should have a bunch of them made they would sell before they were made Me for one,and if your taking orders put me on the list,for one mybe two???

great stance--those are nice looking-----who makes those?

dam man I like that whow much are they you should have a bunch of them made they would sell before they were made Me for one,and if your taking orders put me on the list,for one mybe two???

They were made by Direct Sheetmetal(see Link below), I made blueprints and sent them to go off of. Give them a call, them they might still have the dimensions and can make you a set, If I remember correctly they cost around $ 275 but don't quote me or them on that price.

http://www.directsheetmetal.com/About_Us.html

Thanks called and will get a price Monday that guy don't work on Fridays.and they are sending me a catalogue I mit get them to give me a price on the sheet metal work for the boys new car it would save try to show him how!not to mention the arguing that would go with it..haha.if ya know what I Mean..............thanks again Artie

Thanks called and will get a price Monday that guy don't work on Fridays.and they are sending me a catalogue I mit get them to give me a price on the sheet metal work for the boys new car it would save try to show him how!not to mention the arguing that would go with it..haha.if ya know what I Mean..............thanks again Artie

Good luck, I'm anxious to see if they can help you out . There still alot of work to get installed but still easier than a set of aftermarket stuff by far.

They aren't hard to make, don't get ripped off. You do realize that making the piece is the best part right? Everything else is dirt mining. Why is everybody so afraid of sheet metal? It's not a Ouija board. You can form the bends for this on a table.

They aren't hard to make, don't get ripped off. You do realize that making the piece is the best part right? Everything else is dirt mining. Why is everybody so afraid of sheet metal? It's not a Ouija board. You can form the bends for this on a table.

Not everybody has the either the time, skills, materials or tools to do that. Plus the first question was" Does anybody make a kit" not "How do I manufacture tubs"

depends on personal preference and of course, wallet size....I kinda like those rounded corners.

which I would have thought of it....wonder if large radius / commercial trailer fenders would work?

I am also interested in those tubs....let us know what the cost is. I'm sure there might be more people on this forum that would like a set of those!

-
Back