Tunnel ram carb scoop project????

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
Been racking my brain tryin to come up with a cool vintage scoop for my 66-valiant tunnel ram gasser project... "DON'T LAUGH"--- This is the scoop I want (the second one down in the pic).. Anyone have one of these plastic news paper boxes lying around- cheap??? I'd like to find a good solid one with no damage... I just don't see any vintage scoops on the market that I like that look era correct...

duratube.jpg

That will work, or make the shape you want out of cardboard and find a sheetmetal shop and see if they can bend one for you, for maybe a 12 pac

How about

Like the stack, don't like the filter.. State trooper probably write me a ticket stickin up that high.. Thay will drag out a tape measure on ya here in NC.. Had a buddy with 69-1/2 six pack super bee with the factory 6-pack hood, a trooper pulled us and measured the scoop, wasn't a think he could do about it, it came factory with that hood...

If I ever get 2 4s on a tunnel ram, that will be the scoop, newspaper name and all. I don't recall where I first saw it on a car, but it was cool from day 1.
Try driving around, backwoods, country roads, some people still have them at the end of their driveways, even if they don't get the paper anymore.
...and then their is ebag.

I was thinkin' about subscribing to a paper just to get the box, then tell them the "damn neighbor kids" keep stealing it ;)

Saw one on ebay, the guy had 40% feedback, don't think I'll mess with him..

Let me look around here and see GH, maybe I can find one at the abandoned homes around here.
Oh, and do airfilters fit in there?

I'd say fiberglass your own to your own specifications, use the mailbox as a guide! Take a thin wood, such as trim pieces and using finishing nails make a frame, stretch a fabric over it and then add resin, sand off what you want and dont want then add another coat to change the shape.

I kinda like the shape of the paper box the way it is.. That one boat scoop is super cool, but $349.99 compaired to a $10.00 paper box, I'll go with the paper box...

-
Back