Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
well CUUDAK you keep asking for pics so here is the third member,axles, backing plates and drums,wheels and tires and the set of fins and spears for the rocker panels i picked up don't have the trans or suspension parts yet

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 523
  • photo 2.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 492
  • photo 3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 503
  • photo 4.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 504
  • photo 5.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 505
Ahh! Very cool!
I like the 1/4 gills. I wanted a set but they were pricey! Wondering about the rear gear??? Did you stay with a 3.2* gear? Remember, turbos like more gear. Puts more load on the turbo, they like load!!! If you went with anything numerically higher it will effect the way the boost comes in. Its not the same as a naturally aspirated setup!

Looks like you got the axles with "Green" bearings. I have heard stories when using those outside of drag racing. They aren't good for road racing as the tend to fail and the axle flys out of the housing. I prefer the taperd bearing for that.

bullet recomemded a 373 gear for my turbo car.. but it also revs to 8500... you shoulda went with a 9 inch.. a turbo challenger here in town went through 3 8 3/4 center sections.. went with e 35 splined n cased 9 inch never broke again..

i went with the 373 but mostly so i would still stay out of the turbo at cruise speed also im now going to run a manual 6 speed so should be able to get into the turbo when ever i want as far as the 9 inch goes i think thats luck of the draw i ripped a pinion gear clean out of a nodular 9" housing on my other 68 barracuda so guess a 1/4 inch smaller ring gear wont make that much difference when they fail they fail but the guy who built this 8 3/4 did give me a year warranty said to call him when i get it on the road and thats when the warranty will start. hey CUUDAK those gills i scored with a bunch of parts, new hood .kick panels. dart spoiler. black sun visors. a wieland aluminum timing cover. the fish hood emblem. new dash pad .tail light lenses .dart sport mirrors .that 489 case .and a glove box lid all for 700 dollars

bullet recomemded a 373 gear for my turbo car.. but it also revs to 8500... you shoulda went with a 9 inch.. a turbo challenger here in town went through 3 8 3/4 center sections.. went with e 35 splined n cased 9 inch never broke again..

That engine should spin no more than 6200rpm i.m.o.. Its a B-engine.

these 489 8 3/4 will go through the center section if you don't install a crush ring aliminator in them thats one problem they have when you start romping on them the pinion keeps getting looser with out that kit

I meant to show you the front spoiler when I got done with it. Turned out nice! Its been done a while,

DSCN2228_zpsc74c0a18.jpg

DSCN2229_zps4e010a19.jpg

heres the seats i just picked up for the car

Attachments

• rs-c400surs.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 497
well just found got a few more things for the cuda i needed new mirrors, new carpet kit, some cool headlights and a new headliner

Attachments

• 360486090218_1.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 461
  • 120596886731_3.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 463
  • 350576729265_1.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 459
  • 110847590016_2.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 444
HEY CUUDAK NEED A LITTLE INFO ON THE OIL PICKUP IS IT STILL 3/8 OR DID YOU OPEN IT UP TO 1/2 just picked up the new oil pan but don't know what size of pickup to get

here what i got

Attachments

• image-1.php.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 470
  • image.php.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 454
HEY CUUDAK NEED A LITTLE INFO ON THE OIL PICKUP IS IT STILL 3/8 OR DID YOU OPEN IT UP TO 1/2 just picked up the new oil pan but don't know what size of pickup to get
It has a 1/2 pickup in it now. I don't remember if the block was machined though. A pic of the pickup that is in it is in this thread somewhere!

Nice stuff your picking up for the Fish for sure!!!

ya i found were you said you got a 1/2 pickup and had a pic of it and the oil pan just din't know if you had changed the block went and ordered the 1/2 anyway hope it works

ya i found were you said you got a 1/2 pickup and had a pic of it and the oil pan just din't know if you had changed the block went and ordered the 1/2 anyway hope it works
Worst case you could always use the fitting off the pickup thats on it now.

Worst case you could always use the fitting off the pickup thats on it now.

when i spoke to milodon on the phone they told me they highly recommend the 1/2 inch one if it not set up that way ill make my buddy thats a machinist come over and do it on the engine stand

just picked up two more goodies

Attachments

• cartimage-1.img.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 448
  • cartimage.img.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 447
decided to go with a methanol injection system with the 2 1/2 gallon tank this is what i got buy devil own

Attachments

• universal-stage-1a.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 424
  • 25-gallon-tank.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 440
  • solenoid.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 432
its not to difficult to drill and tap the block. Just dont go to deep. Its 1/2" NPT.. :glasses7:

-
Back