Turn signal comes on but won't blink. Help!

-

rigrunner

rigrunner
Reaction score
My left turn signal comes on but it won't blink. The right turn signal works fine and so do the hazard lights. I don't understand what would cause this. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

When you say that it comes on, do you mean the indicator on the instrument panel or the actual turn signal lamp in the tail light and the grill?

it sounds like one of your blinker solenoid thingys is out. i had this same problem when i first got my car. you should have two under the dash, one is right next to the radio and can be hard to find if the radio is in, and i believe the other was by the steering wheel. i wish i remebered what they are actually called but ill try and find a pic of what im talking about.

this is what im talking about, it has three prongs on the bottom and theyre only a couple of bucks a piece. try this first. hope this has helped

Attachments

• !CBSKt7!B2k~$(KGrHqF,!lcEz+y(EBJLBNG-GVomw!~~0_1(1).jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,740
Check your light bulbs on the front and rear of the car with the left blinker on. If either one is burnt out they won't blink.

You can replace those old flasher units with electronic ones and they will flash even if one or more bulbs are out.

it was a bad bulb. both filiments were out but working earlier. def would like to switch out the flashers for some that will still blink even with a bulb out. thanks for all the help.

What you want is a "heavy-duty" flasher unit, typically used in vehicles that tow trailers. They will blink at the same rate no matter how few or many bulbs are blinking

-
Back