Turning back the clock

-
Thanks rmchrgr.....I will be picking those Super Tricks up this Saturday.

The girls have their shoe collection.....the boys have our wheel (Super Trick) collection
Sounds fair to me.

Thanks rmchrgr.....I will be picking those Super Tricks up this Saturday.

The girls have their shoe collection.....the boys have our wheel (Super Trick) collection
Sounds fair to me.

Cool! That guy sells a lot of vintage drag stuff.

The wheels bought last night....along with a pair of original, never mounted, Firestone
Drag 500 14 x 32 slicks purchased elsewhere. With the stickers still on them!

Moparts%2013%20tr%201_zpsh8havajg.jpg

Moparts%2013%20tr%202_zpsscyaxsfm.jpg

Moparts%2013%20tr%203_zpsyljffqkk.jpg

Well, the new Firestones showed up 2" too wide as they were W's (weren't supposed to be).

Doing some measuring with the older but correctly sized Firestones we found recently, mounted
on the old 15x14 polished Super Tricks and with no axle spacers like the car came with.

These tires (or new ones like them if they can be found) will ultimately be mounted on the 13" wide
Super Tricks posted above. This should get the tires back inside the quarters where they belong.

20170317_091856_zpsrxghng56.jpg

20170317_091828_zpspqbez9c8.jpg

Last edited:
Actually...the above Firestones slicks were GIVEN to us by FABO member.... When the shipping bill exceeded expectations, he even offered to pay half of it....which I graciously refused. When inflated, they really look great and very nostalgic. .....now bumped back up to the #1 spot.

Last edited:
ought to look better when they are mounted on the natural finish 13" wide rims and tucked in about an inch. I asked Bro John to post the mock-up picture just so you know we are still working on it. Can't wait to get back to the shop....WFO

No. Huxely, Iowa
There is a guy in Ft. Dodge that has several old Mopar drag cars including Bob Lambecks Hemi Dart. His name is Tolee Polovitch (probably not the correct spelling) He used to own S&P Electronics and maybe still does. Havent been back there for a few years but he is a good guy. Good luck with the cool project!

I think I called and talked to Tolee back when we first got the car.....If memory serves, he had a hand in getting the Flash to Alex, the guy we bought it from. I'll bet we BSed for an hour plus one summer evening......very likeable Mopar guy with a billzillion true racin' stories.

He would be a welcome guest (of honor....if there is such a designation) in the HDK tent.

Last edited:
Final test fitting and measurements of the ugly stuff before disassembly and return to the body shop for paint.
Headers fit perfect, clearances everywhere right on the money, clutch linkage works like butter.
The engine is being built and the Dana is going to Moser's for mods and freshening. All parts are here.
Dummy motor in car here. Who knows? This thing might make our Nat's tent after all.

Flash%20041317%20028_zpsljoygqhy.jpg

Flash%20041317%20033_zpskqsca8wx.jpg

Flash%20041317%20036_zps38szgddb.jpg

Flash%20041317%20031_zpsixcqyqbj.jpg

Flash%20041317%20020_zpsy0uhiak8.jpg

Flash%20041317%20008_zps8o8ykxf6.jpg

Thanks....with getting other projects on the property completed, I finally got to spend the last couple of days settling into the new shop. Still need lights and heat / A/C....but it is coming.

It is inspiring just to glance over at the Flash now and then, knowing what we have planned for restoring this piece of history to its former glory. Bro Johns help / input and Weebs B.S. are an excellent motivators.

That is the way it is gonna look by next spring.....with the white w/ red outlined California Flash lettering

Last edited:
-
Back