Turning back the clock

-
It's not just a job....it is an adventure. Bet ya heard that one before.

I'll bet
.....been following the Demon build. I need one of those run-in stands /stations like you have.

The Scruffs and I took a break from shop (inside) construction to stop by Bouts to check on the Flash.....it is moving right along and looked about half done before it heads to my shop.

Back in regular primer and ready for paint.

20170124_155233_zpssfplne6z.jpg

20170124_155213_zpsobwtqica.jpg

20170124_155305_zpsldwyo5fr.jpg

20170124_155246_zpsyozzdqkx.jpg

Bout shuffled a few things around on his shop schedule so I could have it back for pre-assembly / mock up in mid-February. Scruffs and I stop by every three or four days to crack the whip....do a little BS ing....and keep everything moving forward.

all kiddin aside....Terry is Bouts body guru, I think he has had a hand on all the cars I have had painted at Bouts shop. I haven't seen Bout covered in bondo dust since my first Duster build back in '75....about the time the Flash rolled off the assembly line in Detroit

Only downside is whenever I show up to check the progress, I get a "progress" invoice.

Last edited:
Bout shuffled a few things around on his shop schedule so I could have it back for pre-assembly / mock up in mid-February. Scruffs and I stop by every three or four days to crack the whip....do a little BS ing....and keep everything moving forward.

all kiddin aside....Terry is Bouts body guru, I think he has had a hand on all the cars I have had painted at Bouts shop. I haven't seen Bout covered in bondo dust since my first Duster build back in '75....about the time the Flash rolled off the assembly line in Detroit

Only downside is whenever I show up to check the progress, I get an "progress" invoice.
That's funny. Car is looking great!

just a side note.....I used the headers from the Flash build w/ OEM suspension in a HDK Hemi build mock up.....fitment was nice, Instead of the motor being so high in the bay and the head crowding the firewall, the Hemi could be lowered and moved forward approx 1/2". Both changes allowed more tunnel clearance while still keeping everything tucked up. Looks like the factory heater blower could remain also.

I had always used the TTi for the tubular application and was concerned about drivers side exhaust / steering shaft clearance. FYI....either header will work.

Last edited:
nice....but the price is out of my league. I have about everything "big $$" pretty much lined up except for a set of rear natural finish rear SuperTricks....please keep your eye open

5 on 5.....5" to 5-1/2" backspacing.....13" or 14" wide x 15.
backup plan is attempt to restore to original the polished set that came with the car.

Bout called last night.....the Flash body is in final primer with initial body work finished.....ready for paint. Pick up scheduled for Monday afternoon...pics to follow once I get it off the rotisserie and sitting in the shop.

Last edited:
Denny's attending to a bunch of HDK stuff headed for Australia and after that is handled he
is going to do a final fit check on the engine/trans/headers. Then back to the body shop and
one more block sanding. Then it should be paint time.

besides the drive line test fit, the suspension will get a full mock up ....readied for paint / powder coat. We will duplicate the original brake and fuel lines along with electrical wiring. And fit the bucket seats before another round of panel alignment...all very time consuming, but worth every bit of effort.

Last edited:
I like it. The attention to detail is nothing less than I expected! Keep plugging away boys.

-
Back