TV/Internet combo

-

Dodge33

Reaction score
Hey everyone, As the title states, what are some of you using for this combo
in TV/Internet? We live in Southwestern Michigan, so some services may not be available!
Right now, we have Huges Net for Internet, which is on hold right now, as we were having a problem or two with it, and the Technican said the satellite would not get a signal cause the main satellite out in space was in a different location? Huh.... is this true? I'm not sure, so I don't know if we are getting a new ISP than them or what? As far as the TV, we used to have Dish a few years ago, but we just had basic package and they kept raising the cost's every month, and we felt we were getting less, than when we first signed up for it. Plus, their tech sucks, and the people in their phone tech, spoke every language, but what we speak and understand is ENGLISH!! So just looking for some suggestions. We don't watch a ton of TV if that matter's, as we have many other important stuff to do. Thank's, Dodge33

I have ATT uverse internet only. KODI app loaded on most any android devise provides all the tv programming I could ever need.

Yep used kodi installed on amazon firetv sticks pay extra for 150mb internet couple years now got rid of dish

Internet capable TV with cable Internet and we watch Netflix mostly.
Canceled the cable TV so now we see ZERO commercials about drugs, attorneys for the lawsuits over the drugs and "You HAVE to have a new car" BS.
Then we also have a digital amplified antenna that picks up about 25 HD channels for free.
For you in your situation I don't know if you can get away from Hughesnet, but do it if you can as they suck every way you look at it.
Pay 60-75 bucks once for the digital antenna and no more paying for TV with that.
The Verizon Jetpack might be an option over hughes if it's available out there, and you can even take that with you wherever you want and have Internet.
At home, just plug it in to the power cord and leave it. (Those are wireless) so no other modem or router is required.

whatever you do, do not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not go with ATT/DirecTV
I had them come out in JANUARY to install TV, phone and internet (I already had internet through them) and it has been nothing but a cluster...as a matter of fact, I was on the phone with them TODAY still trying to get everything squared off they fubar'd back in January
I do not want to go into details but here are some highlights

1 they disconnected my internet 3 hours before the installer was supposed to be there to hook the new stuff up
2 installer never showed, when I called them they claimed the appointment was a week or so out, I'm a reasonable guy, so I said, fine, turn the old internet back on and ill just wait a week
well they coudlnt do that so we had to reschedule, they ended up having someone there the next day (still a day late mind you)
3 when this guy showed up he didn't install the TV , I asked him about this and he claimed he did not have a work order and some things go through ATT, some through direcTV and some through third part installed
4 when I finally got someone out there to install the TV (about a week later) they claimed it was not part of the "entire package" and the bill turned out to be almost double what I agreed too
5 I swear, I spend over 12 hour on the phone with these nincompoops
6 heres a doosy for you, as part of the package, I was promised 3 $100.00 gift cards, I only received one. the one I received was sent to me by mail. when I contacted them they claimed I waited too long to contact them and that "offer had expired", but out of the kindness of their hearts, they could apply the $200.00 to my bill, which, by the way, still shows up as two separate bills

never ever before have I encountered a worse company to do business with

Had to go with Charter Spectrum here north of Detroit in Lake Orion. AT&T and Comcast are available, well maybe Comcast, but AT&T TV was dish. No go at apartment complex. Not too bad so far, (knock on wood). Faster broadband than RR back in WI and about the same price, also more channels with DVR. Maybe new sub discount? Not unhappy.......yet. LOL

tech can't find the satelitte for internet? ha! only if a tree is in the way!!??? BS! ha

satellite TV? well about 6-7 yrs ago Mo. sued Dish or Direct, I forget for " bait and switch" BS... and the sat. co. lost. I have had both sat. tv and internet service. , as I live way out in the sticks. Dish is the better of the 2, if that says anything. I have 2 choices for internet. dial up on antique phone line ( slowwwww when it worKs, and still have to pay a provider). I pay $70/ mo for sat. and $50 for just basic sorry TV to Dish. ! ha .. stupid me!

if it was MY choice, I would have just reg. TV, NO sat. tv, and have netflick. sat. is a must for internet, no choice here. but them i'm old fashioned, if up to me, would not even have a cell phone>

Do you have WOW there?

They offer 30 mbps for $30 per month...

By the way, If you decide ATT uverse , you don't really need a smart set tv ( although the grandkids really enjoy the 3D programming ). Fire sticks and flea market bootleg KODI boxes are out there.
The smart money goes into a Sony Upscaling DVD player. Not only does it do wifi, KODI, others, but it will play anything from new Blu-ray to a paper plate in its drawer. Makes your older, lower quality, DVDs look better. Honestly, The only disc I've loaded in that drawer so far is a older music cd.
My collection of downloaded and burned DVDs likely weighs 200 lbs. No longer need them.

I had AT&T uverse - they suck!

They couldn't maintain my connection at 12 mbps, so they lowered me to 6 mbps, and still couldn't keep up with that. After literally 20 service visits in about 6 months I got sick of their crap and cancelled them like a stamp.

AT&T would drop down below 1 mbps many times. I got sick of calling their tech service, resetting my modem/router, waiting for service men to say that it was the "other" service guy's job and reschedule for him. Then he'd show up and ask what he was supposed to do.... WTF???? You are the freakin' phone company and you don't communicate!!!! Don't you have a work order? What does it say???

One service guy showed up 2 1/2 hours late from the scheduled 4 hour window and took an hour and a half to look it over and do nothing productive to help my service out. I spent 8 1/2 hours that day waiting for their @sses... Bullsh!t...

WOW is much better. I originally signed up for 15 mbps, and it speed tested to 15.5 mbps...

I originally signed up for DSL, but that was slow, so they recommended I upgrade to U-verse. After trying U-verse and finding it as bad as DSL, I asked to go back to DSL, and they said that they no longer offer DSL... They took me for a ride.... Suckered me into a more expensive service that they could not live up to their promises. The can't meet their quoted speed, it is the "goal", not the actual speed that they provide...

I also found out from one of their reps that there is a bug in their modem/router software and they haven't fixed it... It's been there for years...

I would not recommend AT&T internet to anybody...

^^Yeh^^ .......Heh. You guys cannot go around recommending different services, that someone does not have. Here in this cowtown you are VERY VERY limited

1.....You have DSL by what is now Frontier / was Verizon/ before that something else. "Mixed" opinions

2....Slime Warner.....When it works it's OK, hope you never have to call the service outfit!!!

3....In spotty, out of area "bergs" sometimes there is point to point wireless. (Mountaintop). "Your mileage may vary"

4....If you can afford it, some sort of wireless / cell based device. Around here that pretty much amounts to Verizon for decent coverage, it's EXPENSIVE

Here in town, with cable Slime Warner, that is "it" Take it or leave it!!!

-
Back