TV Turns on by itself in early A.M.

-
Ours has done it a handful of times, Vizio brand. Freaked us out the first time…figured either the neighbors have one or it’s getting updates that make it restart or something…don’t actually know.

Yeah, a couple times my Sony has done that. The wife asks in the morning if I left it on before coming to bed. I usually have some smart remark that sets the tone for the next couple hours :) :)

We have 2 Samsung TVs, and I don't have them programmed for the internet, Netflix or any other unnecessary stuff. If you have it set up as a smart tv that could be the problem. I haven't heard anything good about Vizio TVs

We have 2 Samsung TVs, and I don't have them programmed for the internet, Netflix or any other unnecessary stuff. If you have it set up as a smart tv that could be the problem. I haven't heard anything good about Vizio TVs
Nothing but the Cable TV box hooked to it, that's what has me stumped.

Sorta related...
When I was driving a truck, several of us would be out of hours at a terminal and take the company car to the motel.
One time, a guy left his curtain open an inch or so. I had a ball changing his channel through the window!

I drove my 87 5.0 Paxton supercharged (otherwise stock) Mustang from Philly to Denver to visit a friend. We took it to Bandimere. It ran 14.40's, babying it. (Long ride home!) It ran 13.20's at home, at sea level. It felt like it was running on 7 cylinders up there.

I'v got a VISIO "smart" tv, along with COMCAST cable tv subscription.
The company performs an "update" every morning between 3:00 - 4:00 AM.
If you have a cable subscription, i would suspect something just ain't right after an update went through.
Just my .02 cents worth on my reply.

Vizios are actually good TVs. Samsung is probably a notch up from them but they're definitely better than a lot of the other junk out there

Sorta related...
When I was driving a truck, several of us would be out of hours at a terminal and take the company car to the motel.
One time, a guy left his curtain open an inch or so. I had a ball changing his channel through the window!

I drove my 87 5.0 Paxton supercharged (otherwise stock) Mustang from Philly to Denver to visit a friend. We took it to Bandimere. It ran 14.40's, babying it. (Long ride home!) It ran 13.20's at home, at sea level. It felt like it was running on 7 cylinders up there.
There's an app on your phone you can get for a universal remote it's free to download I had some fun at a friend of mine's house with it one day! Rip Charles Winner

There's an app on your phone you can get for a universal remote it's free to download I had some fun at a friend of mine's house with it one day! Rip Charles Winner
How did you program the remote so his tv would recognize the single from the remote?

-
Back