TV Turns on by itself in early A.M.

-
We have 2 Samsung TVs, and I don't have them programmed for the internet, Netflix or any other unnecessary stuff. If you have it set up as a smart tv that could be the problem. I haven't heard anything good about Vizio TVs
I’ve had a 55 inch Visio for about 10 years now, no issues. It also hasn’t to my knowledge ever turned itself on either.

I’ve had a 55 inch Visio for about 10 years now, no issues. It also hasn’t to my knowledge ever turned itself on either.
I've got a 50" it's actually Bad! Never knew that even existed till I built a man cave and a gym for a multi-millionaire that runs the ivy funds during the Obama regime....

Just a thought, but there are remote access computers set to automatically restart when the power goes out.

Power comes back on, it restarts automatically so a person can log in from out state when they need to, instead of sitting there dead after the power cycle.

Possibly a setting in the tv, auto start in case of power interruption. Would know by some wall powered clocks being off time compared to the time on your phone and your tv had turned on by itself.

☆☆☆☆☆

Do you have it plugged into a surge protector? If not get one, if it’s an old one get a new one it could be going bad replace it.
If that’s not the problem disconnect the tv from the cable box before you go to bed see if that works.

If that doesn’t work unplug the tv before you go to bed. That should stop the problem.
If not then start worrying about space aliens or poltergeists!

Just thought of another thing. unplug the tv for 30 seconds then plug it back in to reboot it just like a computer.
I’ve had to do this with ours few times even though it’s not connected to the internet. I did it for a different problem. Couldn’t hurt to try.

Do you have puffed wheat in the cupboard? I heard that makes TV's come alive at night.

-
Back