twin scoops

-

moparmaddnes

Reaction score
I have a 71' demon and want to put on the dual style scoops. I would like to put on originals, but repo's would be fine. What companys make or sell repops and which ones are the better ones. Any help wuold be very appreciated.
Matt

This is one of the better aftermarket sets I have found http://www.stingerfiberglass.com/products/charger/Hood Scoop/index.shtml
Apparently Mopars by Crane use to carry some nice sets but the guy doing the scoops for him no longer work for them (as of 8 months ago or so anyway) I have seen some other scoops that seemed a bit wavy when they were laid on the car and needed alot of work to try to fix. The guy from Stinger Fiberglass told me he made a set for his 70 coronet because he didn't like the aftermarket ones he was finding and all the originals were over priced and most all needed work where the studs go in. He beefed up the areas when the studs go as well as the two screws that hold on the chrome bezel. They did need a little work where the bezel when on, just some minor sanding, there seem to be a speed bump kinda looking thing on the one side but after some sanding to get the bezels to fit the look and fit great. I dont have any pics of them on the car yet because the car and scoops are at the painters right now. But here is a pic after it took them out of the box

DSC00807.jpg

Thanks for the info. I am going to check them out.I would love to see a picture of them on the car and how was the fitment of the scoops to the hood. Did you have any problems and do you have to buy the studs seperately or use another type of fastener? thanks

They dont look like they are pre drilled for the studs ?

I bought a set of originals for $300 with the trim. I figure this way I know they will fit.

I agree about the originals, but they usually want way more than I want to pay and you still have to do work to them to get them nice again. I would be interested in a set if someone has a pair to sell. Anyone out there got any?

They dont look like they are pre drilled for the studs ?

I bought a set of originals for $300 with the trim. I figure this way I know they will fit.

They arent pre drilled but you can clearly see where the studs go. I actually bought a set from ebay, but they needed some work and the spots where the studs went looked like some weren't going to hold up to long.

hi.I have a pair of factory ones.They were proffesionly painted gloss white,but they are the wrong ones for my car.Ineed the snorkle style.asking 300.00 for the pair.Pettybludart

Year One is now selling a Fantastic repops on the scoops!

You buy the Scoops with Studs,
Then the correct style Stud Nuts,
Then the Bezels in Black or Chrome,
AND even the correct Hood Seals/Rain Gaskets!!

They still sell the old style with the built in bezels (UGH) too.

Decent price too when you put it all together.

Later,
Bruce B.

OUCH!!! I guess I need to buy a set of Year One's Scoops and see what they turn out to be.

I will tell you this though - Their A body Dash Pad SUCKS!!
I had a fellow club member buy one and bring it to me to install. UGH! No metal frame in these dash pads, they flop aroung like a big fish. The end studs did NOT line up either. I finnaly got it on the car and it does LOOK good, but......... I contacted Year One about this and they sent him another pad for free! Did not want the other one back. He gave it to me for my time. I sold it at $100.00 less then Year One's price just to get rid of it. And I NEED 2 A body dash pads!
Hint Hint: anybody got an extra F8 dash pad for sale?

Later,
Bruce B.

Hi,I,m new at this please have patience.theres no studs.i,ll put pics. in profile.And i,ve never shipped before i,ll have to look into it.Thanks

-
Back