**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Next I will be cutting in the Wastegate Piping and routing the exhaust out from the gates to the exhaust side out of the turbo's.

After that my next task is mounting the Air/Water Intercoolers in each fender well and the heat exchanger up in front of the radiator. It has 2 10" Fans and I will set them to push air thru the heat exchanger which will go thru the radiator also. The 16" Electric Radiator fan will PULL the air which should work very well. With this set up I am not too worried about the normal issues of an upfront mounted Air to Air intercooler has. Whatever Warm air that is left after the Air/Water system should be taken out with the METH Injection system.

The intercooler piping also showed up today! I ordered BLACK Couplers so I will be ditching the blue. My scheme is Black AN fittings, stainless lines and black couplers.

With the fans set up where you see them in the picture below works perfect. I do not need to modify the core support or any brackets. The Hood lock bracing fits right in between the fans Like it has been waiting for it! I checked it out today.

The heat exchanger is only 1" Thick!

View attachment IMG_2177.jpg

View attachment IMG_2178.jpg

View attachment IMG_2069.jpg

View attachment IMG_2176.jpg

Wow! Looks good so far. What about cooking the brake fluid. Where and what kit did you order. From ebay?? I have a post here about the twin turbo 383. My engine bay will have much less room for the twins. Mocked up an old rajay determining room issues. Looking at a single large Precision turbo listed in my thread.

Wow! Looks good so far. What about cooking the brake fluid. Where and what kit did you order. From ebay?? I have a post here about the twin turbo 383. My engine bay will have much less room for the twins. Mocked up an old rajay determining room issues. Looking at a single large Precision turbo listed in my thread.

All the parts I used are in the beginning of this thread.

I didn't order a kit, I made my own by looking at what other people have done and mixing it up a bit.
I will be using a heat shield on the master cylinder. The brake lines will go thru the firewall and exit the bottom of the car thru the cabin and routed from there. On a turbo application alot of things need to be changed around, re routed and heat protected for sure! Wiring needs to be moved around also and protected.

You can see here how the brake lines are ran thru the firewall and the wiring is all cleaned up. When I get done with mine it will look somewhat like this one with heat shields etc.

View attachment tim1.jpg

View attachment tim2.jpg

View attachment DSC03525.jpg

View attachment DSC03546.jpg

View attachment DSC03524.jpg

Yes I seen that Dart. There is a Video floating around that shows it launching.........it is Cartoon quick, I laughed my azzz off the first time I seen it!

Yes I seen that Dart. There is a Video floating around that shows it launching.........it is Cartoon quick, I laughed my azzz off the first time I seen it!
Is this the video?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRBC7cZ-JiU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Matts turbo dart[/ame]

definitely clean. Even the brake lines are hidden inside. I'd like to see the whole car. I like yellow and orange cars for some reason.

Whose yellow car with the clean engine bays and cool flames?
He is on Big Block Dart, and I believe he is friends with 68HemiGts, might want to contact him for pictures....the motor that was in the yellow Dart has passed away, I believe a rod broke and tore a hole in the side of the block.....

Louis I used a Flaming River pn FR1505M to convert from power to manual steering box and solve my column/header interference issue on my 65 Cuda. I think its long enough to allow you to shorten the outer shell of the column and move the bearing/seal against the firewall. From the pics that area is gonna get pretty warm. Just an idea.

Attachments

• Cuda 20.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1,788
  • Cuda 22.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,804
  • Cuda 21.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,805
Louis I used a Flaming River pn FR1505M to convert from power to manual steering box and solve my column/header interference issue on my 65 Cuda. I think its long enough to allow you to shorten the outer shell of the column and move the bearing/seal against the firewall. From the pics that area is gonna get pretty warm. Just an idea.

Thanks for the info.

When I tear it down before paint I will look at the area again. I am pretty sure the shields posted above on Tim's yellow Dart will fix the issue if any exists.

I love the sleeper look. This car will send quite a few guys home with their tails between their legs.

-
Back