Twisted some wrenches the other day

-

Babyblue66

Cool dude
Reaction score
The rebuilt 273 is coming out for a rebuild. Yes, a rebuild.

The cast after market pistons being .045 in the hole, .040 gasket and 65cc chamber equals an astounding 7.7 to 1 compression.

So hopefully get some descent pistons, deck it for some quench, add a nice solid cam, the Perfomer and 600 Holley I already have, balance it and she'll be cruising the streets at a leisurely 6,500rpm in no time.

Also getting an 8.75 with 3.55's, front sway bar, 340 duster springs, fatter tires. Probably not this winter, but if the budget permits the 4 speed from above mentioned Duster.

000_00021.jpg

000_0004.jpg

Or should i put this in? ha ha
000_0047.jpg

Do you have a pic of the rear header? Are you planning on using that motor or are you just teasing us!?

TF

I am not using the 6, its my old mans. But I can get a pick if the manifold.

If you could it would be awsome trying to see how the clearance is for the starter. Is he planning on using this engine and does he have the specs on what has been done to it? Keep me in mind if he wants to get rid of it!

TF

Who is your old man? Is that an orignal hyper pack system? For a guy like me,that pic was like a glimpse of heaven! Thank you for that:cheers: Man I love slants!

Who is your old man? Is that an orignal hyper pack system? For a guy like me,that pic was like a glimpse of heaven! Thank you for that:cheers: Man I love slants!

Its a real hyper pac, the exhaust manifolds have never been used!
He got it from a friend of his that has a bunch of rare old Mopar stuff. His plans are to put it in a 61 Valiant wagon.

Change of plans. Just bought a 84 360 with 77,000 to pop in it for the summer. Giving it a valve job, probably thermoquad, little better cam and some gaskets. Should be a good runner.:-D
Until I grow my money tree and build me a 500 horse 408:cheers:

-
Back