Ultimate daily-driver Gen II A Body to build

-
You might have known her son, Joel Jensen; he graduated from John Rogers high school in about 1988... ???

I went to Ferris, but my best friend (Pete Mason) graduated the same year as I did from Rogers and lived about 3 houses east of Rogers and across the parking lot from the little place (the Shack?) everyone used to eat lunch at on Wellesley. But I didn't know a Joel Jensen.

So, it sounds like maybe a 2bbl can be made to work. Perhaps it depends on how much boost someone wants to run, or how much horsepower.

Perhaps a combination of the two could be made to work. Increase the PV circuit until it works for 8 psi and get the carb working well in that state, then add some injectors that turn on above 8 psi to make it work when boost goes above that. I could see that working well and avoid the need for a 4bbl and associated manifold and such.

Thanks for the good info!!! Can you tell me whether a sealed carb enclosure will affect the mixture/signals in the manner that would negate the need for blow-thru modifications to a carb in a forced induction system, or doesn't it work that way? I am wondering whether a normally-aspirated carb could handle boost with no modifications, if it were in an enclosed box...

Probably not, huh????

Thanks for any info...

I'm not sure about how an enclosure would affect the tuning, but I do know it removes the need to do things like add channels to the base and drill ports to the throttle shafts to avoid leaking boost. Pretty sure that by putting the carb in an enclosure, it works much more like an NA carb, just not clear on what happens to the mixture during boost.

I went to Ferris, but my best friend (Pete Mason) graduated the same year as I did from Rogers and lived about 3 houses east of Rogers and across the parking lot from the little place (the Shack?) everyone used to eat lunch at on Wellesley. But I didn't know a Joel Jensen.

Pete might have known Joel...

That '64 Valiant was really neat!!!!

-
Back