Under hood paint

-
One of the many things I like about Mopars.
2018-05-18_003.jpg

2018-09-01_005.jpg

Alan

I actually went to trouble to paint mine grey to match the underbody. Seemed like a great idea at the time. : ) Dark blue metallic is in its future...

scan0020.jpg

Well thats easy. Unless its a show car who cares if its dull. I detailed my 65 dart engine bay. Used base coat clear. Now it shows every speck of dust and dirt. Id rather have it flat black if I did it over! My concern is just having a neat clean engine bay, not shiny!

Well thats easy. Unless its a show car who cares if its dull. I detailed my 65 dart engine bay. Used base coat clear. Now it shows every speck of dust and dirt. Id rather have it flat black if I did it over! My concern is just having a neat clean engine bay, not shiny!
I agree with you. But every car that I've seen that had a black, flat black engine compartment it always looked dirty and everything in the compartment looked un organized. I'm not wanting a shinny engine compartment either, just neat with all of the wires and hoses being routed neatly. Not only would it look better but I think that it would help make Under hood work easier and possibly faster.

As long as it's a good job and looks nice, who cares? It's not your car. It's someone else's, so why *****?

When I did my 66 Sat, the exterior was done. Traded a Remodeling job for it. When i pulled the 273, and was getting the 340 ready, i went to Napa, and had 4 cans of metal flake burgundy matched and made up. After sanding, priming, ect, I shot it body color. Less than 100 bucks, and a nice job...

It did task ltake the cute paint girl at NAPA 3 tries to get the match to body color. She Used a Fancy color camera and everything... in the end? A hand/ eye job... custom color blend, no charge extra, good auto paint. Only the Main NAPA warehouse does that here

Uniitized body. Makes sense From a production standard. To me anyway.
Absolutely it does. Like on a large job, we mass produce arches, walls, ect. So why not shoot color on the entire car, as each sub assembly comes down the line? It would Suck to have another color in the mix, in my humble opinion

I've noticed that a lot of guys paint the engine compartment of their cars a flat black which I think looks terrible. They come from the factory painted body color, why ruin the looks of the engine compartment by painting it black.
For the same reason some people start threads about known points of contention within the Mopar ranks: So they can mess with people and sit back and watch the fur fly.
Next up: painting the area behind your grille flat black and not body color...

Such a big uproar over paint. Reminds me of this:

1667199822199.jpeg

Last edited:
For the same reason some people start threads about known points of contention within the Mopar ranks: So they can mess with people and sit back and watch the fur fly.
Next up: painting the area behind your grille flat black and not body color...
Aww Man, Shucks! I was gonna a do my next Garlits/ Shed swap/ parts grill I'm satin... shoot!

-
Back